• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

27th july Dolan park?

Good luck to you both :)

I'm starting my Pre op diet tomorrow as that will be 2 weeks before my op! I'm so excited to think that two weeks tomorrow I'll b being banded! Xxx

I was banded there last saturday I am now 5 days post op. Lovely hospital and staff. I had a great surgeon and had absolutely no gas pain which I know I am very lucky about. I was discharged 7am Sunday morning. The day of surgery goes really quick, you will be in and out before you know it :)
Good luck!

Mr. El-Hasani he was brilliant :) A quiet man but did a lovely job and came round before and after surgery.

I'm with Dr Sigurdsson, how did you find your Pre op diet ? How much isit your wanting to loose if you don't mind me askin? X

No I don't mind you asking at all. In all I want to loose 110lbs. My side bar has all my details. I was 275lb at my heaviest and after my pre op diet got down to 261lb so I lost 14lbs exactly pre op.
I was on Mr El-Hasani's own diet which was broth, chicken or fish, green veg only and 3 small portions of fruit a day. But I have IBS and the fruit was giving me pains so I cut out the fruit after the first few days.
I am one week post op tomorrow and will weight myself then. I did weight myself on monday and had lost 2lbs since saturday so I have lost 16lbs so far.
I hope to get down to 165 = 11st 11lbs but if I get to that goal and want to make a new one and loose a bit more that's not a problem. I did have my goal as 149 previously but I though am I being over optomistic and set a more realistic goal of 165. I am playing it by ear and am just going with the flow :)

I have been given that Pre op diet too because I'm allergic to dairy , how sore have you been and how long till you were ready to go back to work? X

I did not eat any dairy on my diet at all as I do not do too well with milk either.
I have to say last night everyone had gone to bed and I was lying down watching TV and I though, wow I feel nothing, totally like my pre op self!
I have to say I had aboslutely no gas pains that other ladies and gents talk about, the only real pain I had was from the cuts and bruising from op.
The hardest thing I found was the first few days on liquid diet as like I said I do not do too well with milk either so its many been soups and water, some fruit juices and ice lollies have been good too.
I am a stay at home mum so I have no worries about getting back to work. I am a full time carer for my youngest child who has disabilites but my family has been great and between my husband and my parents they have taken him every day to let me recover.
I am tender round my cuts but every day I am managing to sleep better, the left side was a killer and I am not used to sleeping on my back.
So all in all I think I am going great 6 days post op, I think that is due to my surgeon and the fact I have an empty band which is giving me time to heal. I know other ladies on the forum who are not doing too well post op, so I feel very, very fortunate indeed :)

All sounds fab Bella! .... Iv officially started my Pre op diet today ! This time in two weeks I'll b in that hospital ! Can't wait .. X

All sounds fab Bella! .... Iv officially started my Pre op diet today ! This time in two weeks I'll b in that hospital ! Can't wait .. X

Me too, I wonder if you will be there when I am there, I having it on 26th.
How is the it going? so much to take in, have you sorted out you hospital bag??

@Bella
its great to read your progress as I have IBS as well, and gluten intolerance.
Oh how do you do the progress charts on here??

@Lockers Thats great :) Good luck with your diet. The time will fly! I still cannot believe tomorrow I will be one week post op :)

First day on my diet and I'm starvin!! Haha but I know it's all for a good cause ! ... I'm not sure if you'll still be there when I am, iv heard you get discharged dead although I might be lol... All I can think about is all sorts of food I want to eat but I know I can't cease I need to shrink my liver ! Being fat sucks! Lol xxx

Aww Lockerz, The pre op diet does get easier. I found the more water I drank (was recommended 3-4 litres day! Never managed more than 2.5 though) the less hungry I was. It will fly by. I am exactly 1 week post op now and have lost 20lbs in three weeks. It would literally taken me months to loose 20lbs on my own. So just keep thinking good thoughts and you will be here before you know it.
PS Post op first drink of apple juice never tasted soooo good :)

1000 cal diet .. So you can eat whatever you like under that? I've been told I can only have 2 meals a day so either breakfast and lunch ect... N all I can have is chicken or white fish or quorn and green vegetables, water and sugar free jelly or clear broth made with oxo cubes and water and if it's not on the list I can't have it lol ... All I want is a Yorkshire puddin hahaha ! Xx

Back