• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd Band Fill ? too tight

Minimetobe

Looking for advice - I had my second band fill on Wednesday now have 6ml in 10ml band. Initially they added 2ml which caused total occlusion so a ml was removed. I had a full cup of hot chocolate straight after the procedure which went down without any problems and on Wednesday evening had a bowl of soup - no problem. However since Thursday morning I can only tolerate a cup of tea / coffee, half a youghurt / quarter of a can of soup before I feel completely full and on occassions have regurgitated what I have eaten. This morning I have had about 4 spoons of sloppy porridge and again felt really full - Is this normal, is this a healthy level of restriction as long as I eat little and often or do those of you that have had a band for a while think mine may now be too tight. I have lost 4lb since Wednesday, I don't fell hungry at all and I'm not in any discomfort. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
As long as your able to eat and keep it down then your ok. However, I would be very aware that if you are pbing a lot and really dont feel that you are keeping much down then please ask them to take some out. Banders need to keep in mind the problems that can happen if the band is too tight. having said that its great that the weight is coming off and thats what its all about..

I would say, it's just a bit of swelling from the fill at this stage, see how it is on Monday, if it is still really tight and you cannot proceed to solids, maybe get a half mil taken out.

Hope it all goes well :)

If you're managing to keep the food down then you should be ok. The band is to keep portion sizes small. See how you go once you start back on solids. If you're uncomfortable then I would have a little taken out. I had my 2nd fill which was far too tight and I had to vomit after everything solid as no matter how slow or how small each bite, it got stuck. I persevered for 8 weeks like this and did'nt lose any weight with it. I had 0.75 taken out and I can now eat comfortable but still have great restriction which reduces my portion sizes lots. See how you are once on the solids and let us know. Good luckxxx

sounds like a great tight restriction as long as u can get fluids down and not in discomfort all good and will prob ease a little in next few days

Thanks very much for your support and prompt replies - knew I could rely on you guys for reassurance - will see how I get on over next couple of days and let you know :)

Back