• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it too tight already after the first fill??

LBD

I had a fill yesterday (I have 3.5ml in a 9.5ml band) but I worried that it is too tight already.

Foodwise not much stayed down yesterday, even a very pureed meal.

During today I have been ok but have only managed a small amount of fruit smoothie and about a quarter of a tin of weight watchers soup. They both stayed down fine, as did tea and water.

This evening however I have had about tbsp of cauliflower cheese which I mushed right down and was quite saucy but some of it has come back up and I feel uncomfortable.

Am I too tight or am I trying to do too much too soon?

Hi LBD, I would maybe try and stick to fluids for another day, its your 1st fill so your body is adjusting to it and it can take a few days for swelling etc to go down, you also could have maybe ate too big a mouthful (something I still have trouble with!!) I eat with a baby spoon and fork now to make sure I dont eat too much at once, with each fill you are able to eat less, its a learning curve that you will eventually get used to! :)

Jaffa

Hi Lisa

I dont know what you were advised but for me after a fill its liquids for 3 days, pureed for 3 then back to normal with caution on day 7. Its a strict regime compared to some but following this I have never been sick and on day 7 have been prepared to be cautious with more solid food.

You may have been given completly different advice and of course you must follow the advice given.

It does sound like your not ready for pureed yet though.

Maz x

I haven't experienced this yet as not near to having my first fill for a while but wanted to say liquids sound the best option for a few days, and isn't it funny how all hopsital advice is so different.

Hi LBD i had first fill this week and was told a week liquids, 3 days mush and then normal with care, I did think it was weird your provider said to eat so soon after fill.
I went out last night for mums birthday had a small soup and a tester of everyones dessert juices as a treat sat in pouch for a while but all went and stayed down.
hope you feel better soon

the advise given by my bariatric team after each fill is exacly the same as Maz's: liquids for 3 days, pureed for 3 then back to normal...

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Shaw Somers told me to stick to soup and soft food for a day or so which is what I did but I guess I am just not ready for 'soft' food yet.

Am planning to stay on soups etc for the weekend. I have managed a smoothie for breakfast which has stayed down absolutely fine and I feel much better today.

Isn't it amazing how different the advice is from each provider? In some ways I am not surprised by the advice I had as Shaw Somers does tend to prefer people to get to normal textures as quickly as possible. For example after the operation itself I was allowed pureed food straight away.

Thanks anyway. Hopefully things will settle down quite quickly.

Hi LBD, i hope everything settles down , i was told liquids for 1wk then mush for 3 days , so far so good i'v had no sickness and i have followed the advice , i plan to move onto mush today , good luck x

Back