• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd stage of OP

DEANO76

Hi All,

i had my sleeve op back in Jan and i have lost around 8.5 stone since the pre-op diet which i started in Dec, i go back in July to see the consultant, do they always make you have the 2nd stage or is it personal choice.

I am quite happy with the way things are going so far and although the loss could be going quicker its constant, and i can generally eat most things, including fizzy drinks, :rolleyes:. I dont want the second op cutting down the variety of foods i eat and causing health problems further down the line.

Thanks

Mr Surgeon told me he is sure I would be back in the future to convert my sleeve to a DS.

So I guess its optional

When i originally went to Farnborough Starr said that only a few people actually make it on a sleeve only, my whole problem was eating too much and being to heavy to exercise, now i eat 1 10th of what i used to and exercise 4-5 times a week.

When i originally went to Farnborough Starr said that only a few people actually make it on a sleeve only, my whole problem was eating too much and being to heavy to exercise, now i eat 1 10th of what i used to and exercise 4-5 times a week.

I had (have) the same issues.

But to complicate things I have a large lymphoedema in my groin making most exercise very difficult.

I am determined, at this time and it is early days, not to have the conversion.

At the end of the day it will always be your choice they can't make you have the 2nd stage if you don't want it.
Like you I've lost over 8 stone since my pre-op diet started in September and this month the weight loss has really slowed but I'm now down to 19.5 stone and I've never been happier. If my surgeon suggests it then I'll certainly think about it.
It is a difficult choice to make but it is YOUR choice.

If my weight loss did come to a full stop before i reached my goal weight i might consider having the switch but at the moment the cons of it out weight the pros imo. I Just hope the consultant thinks i am doing well enough to stick with just the sleeve.

Im the same as Brian 8 stone lost since Sept, 2 of which are post op. My surgeon said most sleevies do as well as bypass over a 2 year period, guess it depends on the individual as to how they use there tool :)

Back