• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eeeekk!

ICAWM

Hello

What a roller coaster these last few weeks have been. I asked for my referral to be sent to Streamline Surgical (Clementine Hospital/Sudbury Clinic, BMI LOSS - so many names!) instead of Kings in the hope I'd be seen quicker. I then thought they were going to move goalposts so I've had deflated few weeks.

HOWEVER today my appointment has come through for 2nd December. Over 4-5 hours I see various people including dietitian, psychologist and consultant who then confab and decide if I'm a suitable candidate.

I am soooooo excited but extremely nervous. It might be happening! I just hope I do and say the right things!!

Thank you.

I've been waiting for 'something' to happen for so long, now it is I'm worried it's going to be snatched away from me.

What if they don't think I'm a good candidate for surgery? What if I say the wrong thing?!

I hope it goes well for you xx

good news :) hope all goes well!

good luck and hope all goes well for you fingers crossed

Brilliant news ICAWM and Good Luck on the day.. Be honest & up front and you will be just fine ;) xx

Thank you all.
Less than a week to go. I've been double checking my forms and rereading their website. I feel like I'm preparing for an exam not an assessment!!

How did your op go? Which op did you have? Tell me EVERYTHING!

Lol
I was a BMI clementine Churchill a week ago now for a gastric bypass with Mr Slater.
Everything went well, nurses and staff nice, though the physio woman is a bit annoying and full on. I'm fine, still a bit fatigued and achey but I'm off painkillers and eating purées now.

Do you know if you have the same assessment process as nhs patients?

I'm going to that hospital next week to meet surgeon, dietitian etc. I'm very nervous. Can you tell?!

Back