• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd visit to Homerton ...meet the surgeon !!

los in it

Had my 2nd visit to Homerton today. it should have been in feb but got cancelled.
anyway im back today and meet the surgeon who may be doing my operation.i got to the hospital early kept myself busy busy busy at work so not to worry myself i had a strange breakfast (curry for heavens sake!) and then skipped luch thinking "try to be a little lighter "when i jump on the scales ! how stupid was that as my the time i got to the hospital i could have eaten a horse ,instead opted for a ham and cheese toastie with a coffee as i had got to the hospital so early i stupidly thought it wouldnt show up on the scales....well it did !
i will change my side bar later once i get over how much weight ive put on !
anyway back to the visit i waited what felt like forever then was called in i was by this point feeling excited and a bag of nerves at the same time legs tapping away all a bit jumpy .the surgeon was very nice and did calm me down
we talked about my history ,family background the usual stuff and she asked me what surgery i wanted i have been leaning towards the bypass and she agreed but did say that either the sleeve or bypass are both good for me she said that Homerton are kind of moving away from doing bands as sleeves/bypass overall give better resluts
anyway she said my case will now go back to its weekly panel and to wait 4 weeks to hear from the team if i dont then i can contact them.
i noticed on there people talking about an 18 week timetable from meeting surgeon to been on the operation table ...well she said this no longer applies as the rules have changed so i have no real idea when i could have the operation done so that was a bit of a bummer
but i decided to look on the bright side overall i came away feeling good and i cant wait for these 4 weeks to whizz by ....roll on june 9 2014!
thanks for readinga long `un from me
sending cyber love to all
x

Great news you will get your date soon, got mine yesterday. So since my first appointment at Homerton in October 13, it's been 8 months or so. But unlike you I had to do other test in between. Keep up the great work. It's worth the wait in the end. :)

fab news finally for you hope you get dated soon

Hope the panel goes well x

Good News ! Fingers crossed for a date for you very soon.

Back