• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 months post band - help!

libbyb

Hiya.
I am 3 months post band - only lost about 10lbs I have 40 to go. I don't feel any restriction yet with 6ml in a 10ml band. I'm scared that its not going to work for me! I work out and burn 700 calories each day and eat about 1100/1200. Any one else have a similar deal early on?? Xx

Yup! Just look at my stats below it says it all... I have lost ZERO yes ZERO in 8 weeks that two months, 2!!!!

In total since I have my band put in I have lost a grand total of 15lbs in 19 weeks! Cannot honestly say I am ''loving'' my band. In fact I have huge regrets but what ya gonna do? Too late now right?

That sucks! I have another full tomorrow. How much fill have u got in? And do u feel any restriction yet? I've just been to a special doctor who says I have hormone issues so hopefully sort that the ill be ok. The only thing keeping me sane is the size I would be if I didn't have the band!! Are you exercising?? I feel for you xx

Bella! Have you been to a doctor to see if there is an underlying issue? It took me getting a lapband and still not losing any weight for them to believe that I actually physically can't lose weight! I had a fill on Monday so eating next to nothing but I also started taking zinc (from doctor), bio identical hormones and thyroid meds and the weight is starting to move. My metabolism was ****.. Maybe you could look into that?? Xx

Libby ... Not sure what your doctor / dietician has said, however if you are using 700 calories a day and only eating 1100 the body is probably clinging onto everything it can and messing up your metabolism, which could be hindering your weight loss. Sometime it helps to eat more rather than less if you are exercising so much. Don't get me wrong, I have days when I ate less than you and the weight came off slowly, but I also had the odd "shock day" in a week when I was eating c 2000 calories ...that seemed to confuse my body and give the weight loss a real boost and I definitely think my metabolism has improved. I am no expert, that's just from my personal experience :rolleyes: As you indicated Libby, there can sometimes be other underlying physical/health issues that come to the fore once we have had our bands fitted, and we only become aware of them because of the different perspective the band has given us... Hope you and bella get your answers and the weight loss continues/starts :)

Back