• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 stone milestone....plateau shifted?

tpt

Uber geek
Well - this has been a journey!!! I plateaued for over 3 weeks but this week a shift has occurred and I have now shifted 3 stone - I think about 11lb was pre-op and the rest fell off quickly post-op then the horrid non weight loss period - which is pretty down heartening I can tell you!

I am an offender - I eat virtually nothing all day then eat my tea when in from work then may try something else a couple of hours before bed - yes I know it's not what I should be doing but it's how I was before the Op and realistically it is unlikely to change - no wonder then you may say, that I struggle with the loss. Like we all say - the Op is a tool and it does not change your mental attitude towards food (at least not for some time). AT least everything I eat is healthy & home cooked so that is a start.

And I have to keep remembering, the less you have to lose, the slower you lose. I started at 17.2 stone ( at 5'9") and weighed in at 14.2 this morning....have gone down a couple of trousers sizes, my bra's are baggy, have lost my love handles & my chins and have dropped a shoe size already!!!! Couple more stone to go and I am back in training...BRING IT ON!!!!!

Note to those who are despondant or fed up with slow loss - stick at it - all bodies are different and it WILL happen!

Good to hear that tpt well done!!! its my turn now though ime also stuck L.O.L :eek:

Hey tpt you will soon be under the 30 bmi rate ive just noticed. Well done you!!!
Well - this has been a journey!!! I plateaued for over 3 weeks but this week a shift has occurred and I have now shifted 3 stone - I think about 11lb was pre-op and the rest fell off quickly post-op then the horrid non weight loss period - which is pretty down heartening I can tell you!

I am an offender - I eat virtually nothing all day then eat my tea when in from work then may try something else a couple of hours before bed - yes I know it's not what I should be doing but it's how I was before the Op and realistically it is unlikely to change - no wonder then you may say, that I struggle with the loss. Like we all say - the Op is a tool and it does not change your mental attitude towards food (at least not for some time). AT least everything I eat is healthy & home cooked so that is a start.

And I have to keep remembering, the less you have to lose, the slower you lose. I started at 17.2 stone ( at 5'9") and weighed in at 14.2 this morning....have gone down a couple of trousers sizes, my bra's are baggy, have lost my love handles & my chins and have dropped a shoe size already!!!! Couple more stone to go and I am back in training...BRING IT ON!!!!!

Note to those who are despondant or fed up with slow loss - stick at it - all bodies are different and it WILL happen!

RIGHT....explain....how you get kitchen scales to weigh so high ?? Cos I know hubby has trashed those scales you had attached to your hip with elastic ! :p

Well done hun, 3st is awesome. Those jeans fit yet ? They cant be far off now :D

RIGHT....explain....how you get kitchen scales to weigh so high ?? Cos I know hubby has trashed those scales you had attached to your hip with elastic ! :p

Well done hun, 3st is awesome. Those jeans fit yet ? They cant be far off now :D

Aah - I went to Tesco and bought the identical weight watchers ones!!!! He is clueless ;)

Not into those size 12's yet - bit of a way to go but I did buy some size 14 ripped jeans from Matalan on Sunday - and I got them on this morning - I wouldn't want to try & sit down in them or anything - but they went up! BUT - they are Falmers jeans and their sizes are rather generous!

I still have 3 stone to go to be in my healthy weight zone - despite my height / frame / bust size... I am 7 weeks post op today so am going to try 'crunchy' stuff - can't wait!

Good woman that is brilliant, I wont lecture you on your eating habits....... tut tut :giggle: you know yourself when you should be eating!! Could you not take something to work with you and make sure you eat it at least if you have it with you you might nibble on it???
Keep up the good work anyway you must be well chuffed :)

I take a cup-a-soup and can sometimes get half of it down. This is a brand new building - no kettles, fridges, microwaves etc etc for the staff! I am not paying canteen prices to eat over-cooked food, leaving 3/4 of it! Once my stages move on a bit I can take food that I can pop into a tupperware box easily & eat at my classroom desk!

Eh - my milestone reached means that I am off to buy my Cani-X pelvic harness & harness for my Akita...going to start very very gently with quick walking and build up. I am sooooo excited (not sure my 5yr old very grand lady muck Akita will be quite so excited tho!)xx

Back