• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another milestone

ladylite

Well today I am under 11 stone. I have not been this for 28 years at least, so I am over the moon.

It has taken a while to get under the next stone as things have slowed up but I am happy with the way I am now and everything else is just a bonus.

I had a telephone appointment with the dietian yesterday and she told me I had lost over 80% of my excess weight which is what they hope for.

I am off to see the Doctor for a check up today and will report back later.

Just want to say I am over the moon and I luv my bypass.

Thats fantastic Mary....your love of your bypass shines out of you! Well done on everything you have achieved :D XX

WOW! To have achieved that in just 10 months is fantastic - you must be absolutely thrilled. Well done and enjoy the moment - you really do deserve it!:Congrats
party0038:

Wow Mary you are fab!You are exactly where I would love to be this time next year!More power to you girl!

well done mary, it wont be long before your maintaining, your almost there. big hugs xxx

Well just back from my 8 month check with the Doctor. Everything is really fine. She checked my blood pressure and told me I need to see my own doctor as it may be time to start coming off my blood pressure tablets......... Yah Result.

She worked out that I had lost 87% of my excess weight and that my BMI was now 27. She did say that if I didnt lose anymore that would be ok because of my age and I would be happy with that.

I am so happy at the mo, and hubbie is very pleased too:cool::rolleyes:

Oh and I just need to lose 1 3/4lbs and that will mean I have lost 7 stone in total. whooo hooooo...... Mind you I am having the scales removed for about a month as I find not weighing so often now the weight loss has slowed is more beneficial to me.

You are such a advert for the bypass Mary, you have done everything asked of you, accepted the journey for what it is ( a hard slog at times!) and come out of it healthy and slim and loving life :D Fantastic hun (HUG) XX

To be honest Jacqui, I have to be honest cause I said I would, I have found it a doddle. My problem was I couldnt say no to food and used to eat enormous amounts. I always ate healthly but ate enough to feed the whole of Berkshire and could never leave a morsel.

So this operation has just stopped me eating too much. I have gone off the rails too in that I have had a lot of alcohol at times, though not constantly and only on special occasions, and I over indulged at Christmas, but again I found it easy to get back on track with the help of my pouch.

Although I do know that others have had to work very very hard at their weightloss I have found it easy. I just think I am very very lucky for which I am most grateful and I really appreciate how hard some have to work, but luckily enough just not me.:rolleyes:

Thank you all for all your lovely comments they really mean a lot to me.

Your honesty is appreciated :D I cant say Ive had a tough time myself really, Ive had a few ups and downs like most people but no bad complications or real sickness or nausea problems like some. Ive had a few rabid dogs lol....not to be recommended obviously ;) But on the whole so far I think Ive been lucky too :D I think the hardest part for me has been the mental one, getting my head round not putting food in my mouth just because its there. Not having food just because I want it knowing Ive eaten and dont need any more and cant actually fit any more in! I like you ate BIG portions and hated leaving anything, but now as soon as I feel like Ive had enough I sopt :eek: me stopping is something I never thought Id see lol.
Well done again Mary XX

Agree with all you said Jacqui and I till find it hard, 8 months down the line not to cook too much, my dogs are getting fat.:eek::eek:

Well done hon. You're an inspiration to all us pre-oppers. I haven't been under 11 stone since I was 15 and it's my goal to get there again one day.

Back