• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks to go...cant wait for clothes not to hurt!!

janice123

Hello everyone

I've just joined and am finding this group such a wealth of info. I'm being banded with THG in 3 weeks (12th Jan) at Dolan Park, Dr Halstead. I'm feeling nervous about being put to sleep but can't wait for a slimmer life! I'm really looking forward to wearing clothes that don't hurt because they're too tight and be able to choose clothes that I like instead of buying clothes that have to hide all the wobbly bits!

Welcome Hun and good luck with your op

Welcome hune its exciting but scarey too . I am having a sleeve done on 8th Jan cant wait to be slimmer. How much do tou want to loose.

Welcome . . .I had my band fitted 16 weeks ago, and its been a huge positive change in my life in many ways. Those fears are natural . . .

I was banded by Dr Super 17th Dec. Everything went really well. in and out of surgery in under an hour and home at the end of the day. i had bloods taken before the day so was in at 7am and had surgery bout 9am.
Big tip - move about afterwards this will ease the pain of the wind. Don't be embarrassed just do it lol

only thing I have found is the discomfort from port site and trying to sleep in a comfy position hopefully this will pass though.

THG are brilliant and really look after you.

Good luck

Hi
Thanks for your reply. That's really reassuring to hear! What time are you discharged the next day? How's the liquid diet going? Are you hungry/craving food? Is it routine to have blood taken?
Sorry for all the questions...I have lots of them, lol

I actually went home at 7pm the same night because I was surprisingly feeling fine - just tired. next day it hit me with the wind and the discomfort around port area but lay in bed with my feet up for the day wallowing in the safe knowledge that his time next year I will be thin lol
The liquid diet is a bit boring - shake for breakfast(asda measureup - vanilla with coffee like a latte) - smoothie snack - and then soup during the day - blended well so no bits. Sit up straight when drinking it goes down better.
I am a bit hungry but once on solid food the band starts working properly as in it has to process the food going down - my inner gremlin as my husband describes it!!
You need to have your blood taken so that they have it available just in case and also it is tested for the usual stuff. It is routine.
Make sure you take time to recover - luckily I have 3 weeks off school holidays and all that.
Hope this helps
diane

I'd like to be able to go home same day as I'm a terrible sleeper so would prefer to be in my own bed. I suppose it all depends on the time you have op and how you feel. Plus im having transport with THG so maybe that will already be booked to take me home the following day. Thanks for your advice x

hey! im getting banded on the 12th jan too with healthier weight... im super nervous! glad to see there are a few of us getting banded on the same day :D twinnies! x

Hello everyone

I've just joined and am finding this group such a wealth of info. I'm being banded with THG in 3 weeks (12th Jan) at Dolan Park, Dr Halstead. I'm feeling nervous about being put to sleep but can't wait for a slimmer life! I'm really looking forward to wearing clothes that don't hurt because they're too tight and be able to choose clothes that I like instead of buying clothes that have to hide all the wobbly bits!

Well that's something good to hear that this group is so much of help to you. Not only this, for any queries you can post in our group and take advise from the members and experts. Go for linen clothes as they are good for your body. Hope you are benefited from my advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Janice
I've very recently had a band with Mr Halstead and everything went fine - I had no wind pain and I didn't even need to take the pain killers they'd sent me home with.
Afterwards, I lived off protein shakes for breakfast and soups the rest of the day - no problems.
I get my first fill just a few days before you get your band - so I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well.
Sally xx

That's great news Sally. Hope mine goes as well as yours! Have you lost any weight yet?
What happens re stitches? Do you have to have them removed or are they dissolvable? X

There were no stitches for me - just glue that disappeared over the course of two weeks or so.
I've not got any fill in the band yet - so I have no restriction - now I'm back on solid food I could eat what I want - so I am relying on will power alone at the moment :)
I've lost a pound or two more than on the pre-op diet, but to be honest I'll be happy if I just don't put the weight back on until I get a fill - then I'm hoping it'll get a little easier.
Sally xx

Back