• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TERRIFIED! Is this normal with 4 weeks to go?

I would just like to say i have also been feeling like this LisaG my op is 15th march.
I have even been given my husband instructions etc about future and our daughter in case i didnt make it.

all the messages above have been a great comfort and i agree with others you cant beat asking somone whos been there and done it.
good luck to all who have upcoming surgery's and i can't wait untill i am a "post op"

I always laugh and joke with the theatre staff its my way of coping!Nearly everytime I went down there was a radio playing or even a tv on to calm you!Think of loved ones and what they are doing or shop around your supermarket in your head,mentally pack your suitcase for a fab holiday.To be honest you dont have much time to think cos they ask questions every step of the way ie personal details and what op you are having.Staff talk about everyday stuff to each other too,what was on tv last night etc.Try not to worry,you can ask for a sedative before if you want it.Best love Maz x

Also people that dont come through certain ops have serious underlying problems,ie heart,lung.Your surgeon would not put you at unesessary risk.

hy everyone and every hospital do things diferently. wen i had my op we went to a reception area , like a small a n e ward. we went into our own cubical and they did all the usual things weight b/p etc. then surgon and later anestatist came and went over everything and we sigened the consent form. after this we were given our gowns, and very fetching they were lol,and then waited our turn ,i was 2nd on list. wen they were ready the nurses came for me and i put on the lovely preasure socks then went down to the wating room outside the theater. after a few mins i was taken into a small room with a trolly type bed in it. the anestatist then put a canular in my hand and asked me to breath in some oxygen whilst he got it taped to my hand and the tubes conected all the time talkin to me. whilst i could hear him talking in the background i could also hear someone calling my name and asking me to wake up,yes thats how quick it was i never felt sleepy or anything and it was all over. wen i came round propper i never felt sick and i never felt any pain watsoever it was a marvolus experiance and ill never be frightend of having an op again. and yes before i went i was terrified. that was my experiance and im sure yours will be just as good.......................kath x

Hi LisaG
how are you feeling today?:hug99:

Hi Cindy...and hi everyone else. I'm feeling so much better now. Just hearing people's stories has helped hugely. I have a much better idea about what will happen. I've been thinking about how lucky I am too really - to be my weight and not have any other conditions makes me feel very grateful...I'm sure it will make things less complicated during the op and recovery.

Thanks everyone x :D

Back