• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 years today my life changed

los in it

Been a while since I last logged in so much has happened and a lot is still the same it's three years ago I had my bypass this time three years ago I was in homerton hospital recovering from my op and itching to start my new life everything has been " textbook" And have reached the goals set for me only very minor hiccups along the way my lowest weight so far as been 15:7 stone and this morning on my anniversary weight in my touching 17 stone while I'm Not too happy about the weight gain it is over 3 years and my starting off point was knocking on nearly 30 stone so I can't beat myself up too much
My life as changed beyond recognition I'm healthier more mindful of what I eat I go to the gym I walk soo much I can eat more choice not too food that used to make my mouth water still do that but itsmuch easier to Say no and not be longing for it
I go swimming.... Well I float with my noodle but loving it
Recently been to Spain with my 3 sisters to celebrate turning 50 went swimming wore shorts and dresses showed some flesh and had a brilliant time and only needed the extension belt on the plane to cover about 4 inches of the plane seat belt that alone made me really really happy! Still wearing size 18/ 20 clothes I do have a big belly to hide but I'm currently living with that I call this a small price to pay for my new life,my second chance
I've been lucky that ive hadn't real issues dramas within journey and will NEVER regret taking this golden opportunity that WLS as given me soo will now take my leave toast my success with a gin and tonic ( small one!) and look forward to keeping on keeping on xx

Last edited:

FeeBee

Well done you!

Hannah2

Happy 3 year anniversary! This is what wls is about, getting life back and getting on and living it! Congratulations!

los in it

Thank you all for your kind comments it means a lot x

Maria61

Been a while since I last logged in so much has happened and a lot is still the same it's three years ago I hammy bypass this time three years ago I was in homerton hospital recovering from my op and itching to start my new life everything has been " textbook" And have reached the goals set for me only very minor hiccups along the way my lowest weight so far as been 15:7 stone and this morning on my anniversary weight in my touching 17 stone while I'm Not too happy about the weight gain it is over 3 years and my starting off point was knocking on nearly 30 stone so I can't beat myself up too much
My life as changed beyond recognition I'm healthier more mindful of what I eat I go to the gym I walk soo much I can eat more choice not too food that used to make my mouth water still do that but itsmuch easier to Say no and not be longing for it
I go swimming.... Well I float with my noodle but loving it
Recently been to Spain with my 3 sisters to celebrate turning 50 went swimming wore shorts and dresses showed some flesh and had a brilliant time and only needed the extension belt on the plane to cover about 4 inches of the plane seat belt that alone made me really really happy! Still wearing size 18/ 20 clothes I do have a big belly hide but I'm currently living with that call this a small price to pay for my new life,my second chance
I've been lucky that ive hadn't real issues dramas within journey and will NEVER regret taking this golden opportunity that WLS as given me soo will now take my leave toast my success with a gin and tonic ( small one!) and look forward to keeping on keeping on xx
Well done and happy anniversary xx

Hi Maria61, just read your post and was inspired by your new out look on life. I hope I 'll be as successful as it appears you have been, this is my ninth day post op gastric bypass WLS and I'm still very tender in a couple of areas but I'm told a few more weeks will make all the difference in how I'm feeling. I'm also looking forward to the day I can start puréed foods , never thought I would be happy to eat baby food but it's sounding great at this stage of recovery. Thank you for sharing your post and happy anniversary , keep enjoying your new lease on life.

Sunshine99

Well Done! You've done amazing :winner::winner::winner:
Happy 3rd Anniversary :0clapper:

Toni:rainbow:

Hi Sunshine 99, my name isNaomi and if I'm correct you just had surgery on 9/18/17, I had WLS on 9/13/17 in New Jersey, just wanted to say congratulations on the start of your new life. How are you doing with the clear liquid diet ? , I hope you're doing well. It's always good to meet someone who's having the same life experiences as you because it makes the journey so much easier. Well, good luck and any time you want to share tips on each other's experiences, please let me know Congratulations again on your new journey

Sunshine99

Hi Sunshine 99, my name isNaomi and if I'm correct you just had surgery on 9/18/17, I had WLS on 9/13/17 in New Jersey, just wanted to say congratulations on the start of your new life. How are you doing with the clear liquid diet ? , I hope you're doing well. It's always good to meet someone who's having the same life experiences as you because it makes the journey so much easier. Well, good luck and any time you want to share tips on each other's experiences, please let me know Congratulations again on your new journey
Hi Naomi, Yes had my surgery on the 18th. I'm on the pureed stage....i was on pureed in hospital 2 days out. But struggling at moment. So back to liquid for most part of my day.
Congratulations to you too, on your life changing operation. Good Luck on your wonderful journey.

Toni :rainbow:

Maria61

Hi Naomi I had bypass on 18th too good luck to you xxx

los in it

Hi Maria61, just read your post and was inspired by your new out look on life. I hope I 'll be as successful as it appears you have been, this is my ninth day post op gastric bypass WLS and I'm still very tender in a couple of areas but I'm told a few more weeks will make all the difference in how I'm feeling. I'm also looking forward to the day I can start puréed foods , never thought I would be happy to eat baby food but it's sounding great at this stage of recovery. Thank you for sharing your post and happy anniversary , keep enjoying your new lease on life.
I remember the puree stage oh my goodness the first bite of runny shepherds pie was just bliss! Had a very small ramekin dish but it was heaven on a plate!