• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3rd B12 Injection today

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
:) as the title states later today i get my 3rd B12 injection since my bypass, and boy do i need it im completley nackered and needing to have little power napps in the day..... bring on the energy :D

thanks Maz x

I know I can't wait to get mine, hope you get energised, Karen x

3 months after op then every 3 months after that, diff providors have diff rules and some dont offer b12 at all which is pretty naff x

lol kevin it doesnt hurt...... its a tiny little prick.... you men are such wimps hehe ! x

umm mine was 1st injection 4 months after op then 3 months after that, and kevin mine hurt toi had a dead arm for a good few hrs!

i got mine yesterday - 4 weeks after op. maureen (dietician) had said in the letter to the gp from 4 weeks out and every 12 weeks thereafter xxx

I had my first one in the hospital after my op then every 3 months and yes I have to agree it hurts! The injection itself isn't too bad but it aches like hell once it's done

hello,,yes they do bloody well hurt:cry: im on a course of six mon wed fri then mon today and last one fri which im so pleased about, i had an internal bleed when i had my op so ive had to have this course, after my first one i felt loads better as i was really pale and tired im still a bit tired but loads and loads better than i was , i will be on 3 monthly ones after these are finished yipee :)xxxxx

just a sharp scratch for a second and that was it, not painful at all x

I'm a bit confused:confused:

When I had my initial meeting they told me they would test for B12 deficiency and if neede I would then go on to medication............You all seem to have had the injection as a matter of routine

Perhaps I misunderstood:sigh:

I'm a bit confused:confused:

When I had my initial meeting they told me they would test for B12 deficiency and if neede I would then go on to medication............You all seem to have had the injection as a matter of routine

Perhaps I misunderstood:sigh:

Hi Sarah, im still waiting for my op,but was told by my surgeon that i would need jabs every 3 months for life.

yes every 3 months for life is correct x

Back