• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st b12 inj tomorrow 4 me

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
Tomorrow i have an appointment with the nurse at my Gp practice to have my 1st B12 injection. Not sure how it will benefit me but i know its given for a good reason, a conversation i had online with a lady was quite shocking in a group chat situation last night, as she said she hadnt been taking her prescribed medications and vitamins since having her bypass, some people are quite dumb not following professional advice, it really quite peeves me off when people have this op and do not follow the advice given or take meds thats prescribed for a reason, oh well thats my rant over for today, wish me luck as i have a little prick to look forward to tomorrow :eek:

Liz x

Good luck Liz - bit different to having a fill so hope it doesn't hurt :( x

I'm really glad for posts like this as I'm terrible for my B12 injections.

Multivits and CLO capsules I take every day but I always forget when mine are due :(

i take my oral meds every day this will be my 1st injection, im going to set a reminder in my phone for 3 months time so i dont forget to make the next appointment, give them a ring Mickie ask when your due ya 3 month Inj x

Hi liz , did you not need five jabs I had too spaced out over two weeks , I had mine at four weeks post op too they didn't seem to have an effect really but apparently when your due again you can get tired and moody xx

i was just told to make an appointment at 3 months post op, i will see whats said when i get there i have the injection here that was prescribed for me x

Have you had your six week check yet ? Or even an appointment lol xx

Ok hopefully I'll get an appointment soon then x

i hope you get an appointment soon x

I had my bloods checked and everything was fine and they still gave me the jabs , my gp said though that it's usually about twelve weeks when you start being deficient in things , I don't take forceval ? What is it ? Xx

zns your levels may be fine now, but B12 when the stocks in our bodies run low it takes some time to get them back up to standard. Hence some places prefer to keep the stocks piled up...

Good luck Liz, i had mine a few weeks ago, was just like married sex, over before you know it xx

I asked again at my provider who wrote to my gp and have still been refused a b12 injection. It just concerns me cos I've have tiredness and fatigue for a while and definitely no improvement in energy levels since losing weight.

I asked again at my provider who wrote to my gp and have still been refused a b12 injection. It just concerns me cos I've have tiredness and fatigue for a while and definitely no improvement in energy levels since losing weight.

explain that other providors are giving them and there must be a good reason for that, i bet its yet again down to cost x

Oh man, I HAVE to have my shots every 3 months like clockwork.

A week or 2 before it's due I feel utterly exhausted.

It's a bit ouchy getting it done, but not that bad.

xxx

Back