• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st b12 inj tomorrow 4 me

That person would be the first to complain if he/she was ill in the future they dont give meds for no reason!

Well that was easy i had it in my left arm didnt hurt at all :)

Didnt feel a thing haha x

I've never felt any discomfort with my B12 jabs :)

I don't half know when I'm due one - I just go to sleep on the sofa at 7 in the evening :rolleyes:

I've never felt any discomfort with my B12 jabs :)

I don't half know when I'm due one - I just go to sleep on the sofa at 7 in the evening :rolleyes:

i really hope my energy levels are upped im so tired right now x

Update

well im glad ive had it, today i havent felt the need to have a mini napp as i have done most other days, i feel much better yay :)

Tomorrow i have an appointment with the nurse at my Gp practice to have my 1st B12 injection. Not sure how it will benefit me but i know its given for a good reason, a conversation i had online with a lady was quite shocking in a group chat situation last night, as she said she hadnt been taking her prescribed medications and vitamins since having her bypass, some people are quite dumb not following professional advice, it really quite peeves me off when people have this op and do not follow the advice given or take meds thats prescribed for a reason, oh well thats my rant over for today, wish me luck as i have a little prick to look forward to tomorrow :eek:

Liz x

I also know a lady who has never taken supplements, she looks very pale actually she worries me. Its not worth not playing by the rules.
I was told it takes a long time for B12 to deplete but once its low its a bugger to get back up. xx

Andrea73 hope the reason for them not giving you a B12 injection is'nt because you went private, because I'm going private too and have save up and using my redundancy money for this Op, but I don't have a bottomless purse...

I believe the B12 injections help stop depression too and would hate to go down that root.

Hope you get your soon (Do you have more than one GP in your practice try a swap)

lOL @ little prick!!

I find I need them too - tiredness and lethargy etc. I also find it can sting like h*ll :D

I believe the B12 injections help stop depression too and would hate to go down that root.

this is what I am scared of too.......... have suffered from depression on and off for years

Does everyone have to have them? I thought I'd read post menopausal women don't need them but then surely Mixxy wouldn't need them either? I'm confusd!
How did it go Liz.
xx

I noticed the other day when I had to take a copy of a letter the hospital sent me to the Gp as he had "misplaced" his copy!! On it it said if I was having hairloss to give me zinc tablets and they were to give me B12 injections every 3 months after surgery...........I am 4 months post-op now and havnt had one! I suppose Ill have to nag them till they give it me....everthing is hard work for GP's it seems at the moment ... Im sure they dont even read the letters the hospital sends to them XX

Does everyone have to have them? I thought I'd read post menopausal women don't need them but then surely Mixxy wouldn't need them either? I'm confusd!

B12 is more for bypass patients because the body cant absorb b12 any longer, Mixxy is a sleever and still can absorb this, i dont know how it works with the menopause, and i dont understand why some providors choose not to give this to there patients.
How did it go Liz.
xx
it went really well thanks, it didnt hurt me at all, i had a choice to have it in my arm or bottom i chose my arm, yesterday is the 1st time i havent felt sleepy and grumpy in a fair while, i feel much much better for having it, i have an appointment for 3 months time for my next dose x

I noticed the other day when I had to take a copy of a letter the hospital sent me to the Gp as he had "misplaced" his copy!! On it it said if I was having hairloss to give me zinc tablets and they were to give me B12 injections every 3 months after surgery...........I am 4 months post-op now and havnt had one! I suppose Ill have to nag them till they give it me....everthing is hard work for GP's it seems at the moment ... Im sure they dont even read the letters the hospital sends to them XX

yes please do nagg them the district nurse at my gp practice sorted me out with what i needed, chase it up with them x

Back