• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3rd B12 Injection today

When I got my bypass with Mr Ammorii in October 2009 it was not a requirement to get the B12 injection however I have since found out that Mr Ammori recommends that these are needed for life.

I am always knackered so I contacted Louise who is his secretary and she told me that she would contact my GP. I have now contacted her 3 times via email and once over the phone and still not had anything sent to my GP. I'm away on hols on Saturday so was really hoping I could have got it before I went. I don't want to hassle Louisa but.... and I know she is busy but hey this is my health.

Sorry for the ramble but what do you guys think??

I think it is another thing they try to save money on in Cornwall, Sarah. My friend is 18 months out and just about to have her first injection.

I am knackered before the op, needing one or more naps a day, so I hope I get checked for B12.

we alll need them as the b12 can't be absorbed through food or oral medication it has to be in the form of an injection xxx

My surgeon said only 30% of people ended up needing b12 injections after the op & I will be checked for this in 6 months although it seems everyone on here gets them x

I was told that you can have it every 10 weeks if you find it makes a difference. This is what I do and then I dont get the low energy periods so much.

I've got an appointment next wed so I'll try to get an answer.

My op is going to be done privately and it would seem that although I'm paying for it, thats all I'm paying for.....I had all my bloods done last Monday by my GP and if I need any B12 injections or anything else for that matter its back to the NHS!! .....which does seem a little off!!

Im well over 2 years post op and have never had or been offered one!

Hello,

I am over 3 years post op and I have my B12 jabs monthly, every hospital is different.
When I had my OP they gave me a B12 jab before I left the OR, I now have them monthly as I deplete my levels very quickly, which is why you have to have blood tests done every 6 months or sooner if you are feeling low in energy. The longer you have these jabs the more painful they get, the reason for the stinging and the pain down the arm is because it contains peanut oil...this is what my practice nurse has told me.
Not sure how this works out for people who have a peanut allergy?

HTH x

hi lisa, dont you get tired easily then ? x

Hi Liz,

It's hard to tell really ive never been a bundle of energy! People do say to me 'o you must have so much more energy now but i dont, obviously after losing almost 12 stone i feel fantastic but not bouncing with energy! Maybe it's the b12 im not sure but my bloods have always been fine. I do notice a difference in my energy levels when im naughty and dont take my multi vitamin though i get to the stage where i cant even be bothered to hold my head up!! Im going to be discharched from my aftercare at my next app so will then just be under my GP so i may mention it then. xxx

Back