• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3rd fill and restriction/tightness

sunny69

Hi all, had my 3rd fill on Wednesday taking me to 6mls and it really feels quite tight, drinking fluids ok but i can feel them going down also had some jelly last night and i could also feel that, i do know that after a fill your stomach can be swollen will this subside soon? just want to know if any of you bander's have experienced this at all? its such a task going back to Liverpool for a small defill as i wont drive there and hubby has to take me.
xx

It's too soon to think of defills! if I said on my third fill it took me two weeks before I could eat properly would that put your mind at rest? I did the usual and tried bits, struggled, pb'd etc and all I did was irritate it, so had to bide my time. Had to rewind back to slop until the swelling went down. My port area was so hard too! Stick with it and see how you are this time next week, but you are now starting to get proper restriction :) just take baby steps :)

I would not think of a defill this soon as jo said take a back step to mush and see in a week on a selfish note is more restriction not better than none dont know a lot about the banding side

It's too soon to think of defills! if I said on my third fill it took me two weeks before I could eat properly would that put your mind at rest? I did the usual and tried bits, struggled, pb'd etc and all I did was irritate it, so had to bide my time. Had to rewind back to slop until the swelling went down. My port area was so hard too! Stick with it and see how you are this time next week, but you are now starting to get proper restriction :) just take baby steps :)

Thanks Jo does put my mind at ease , forgot to mention i had such a bad migraine so i had a biscuit dipped in a cup of tea so i could take my tablets even tho the biscuit was sloppy it came back up would you still class that as normal?
xx

@ Sunny , I would wait a while as I stated on another thread that when you have a fill after a period of time it does settle down, if you was unable to eat at all or not keep any fluids down then yes I would go back and get a defill asap , but as you can just hold off and keep to your post fill diet ( if you have one) and @ tartanlady , the more restriction the better? Not with a band hun too much restriction would enable no food or fluids going down and result in dehydration real quick and that is very dangerous - Wishing you all the best @ Sunny - try not to get too stressed out as this will effect your band also. xxx

Yes at 2 days out, my 3rd fill was a big wake up call! Reality is, prior we've still been able to eat quite fast and biggish mouthfuls and now it's like...omg! It will settle x

@ Sunny , I would wait a while as I stated on another thread that when you have a fill after a period of time it does settle down, if you was unable to eat at all or not keep any fluids down then yes I would go back and get a defill asap , but as you can just hold off and keep to your post fill diet ( if you have one) and @ tartanlady , the more restriction the better? Not with a band hun too much restriction would enable no food or fluids going down and result in dehydration real quick and that is very dangerous - Wishing you all the best @ Sunny - try not to get too stressed out as this will effect your band also. xxx

Thanks am enlightened now

Back