• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Restriction battle - round 9 LOL

your now finding out the joy of the "sweetspot" no hunger and when u eat satation at a fast rate on less food :) I am surprised your provider doesn't do sitty up fills mine do for everyone , but as we know they are all different , I think you may be a little more tired with your exercise on less cals but you enjoy the restriction id say you'v earned it

I'm the same stuck between 13 stone 3 lb and 12 stone 13 lb for 7 weeks now .. And had ct scan as was having very bad reflex and had 1 ml taken out and they found gallstones so waiting to see dr about havering gallbladder out now hope fully will start weight loss again real soon ..
Sorry to here your at stand still ... But hey look at what you've achieved your one amazing woman top Kat xxx

Fantastic to see how well you are doing top kat! I hope you can shift those pounds that have been plaguing you for so long!

Thank you - they are going, I've lost 8lbs over the past 12 days, so it is going. I'm back on track, but also, having a few restriction issues the other way after the last fill. So going back to liquids today to allow things to settle down.

So, the battle still isn't over LOL

Top kat I've just been reading through these posts and just wanted to say a massive well done in getting to where you are now. Amazing loss and sounds like you've had a really difficult time. I hope things get much easier from now on. Good luck x

your doing brilliant top kat, great to hear so many sucess stories on this forum, does anyone know how i say thx for a post? Because lots of you have been great and i want to say thx but dont know how? x

your doing brilliant top kat, great to hear so many sucess stories on this forum, does anyone know how i say thx for a post? Because lots of you have been great and i want to say thx but dont know how? x

Bottom right smiley sun.
Or you can hit the scales on the bottom left to add to a member's reputation.
:)

its been a super stressful week with my son having his surgery, can't get to gym, but can't work out as I can't drink water after doing so :( I can't eat or hardly drink....

my battle with restriction it seems it's not going to be easy.

I'm booked in for a defill on Monday after the hardest 4 weeks of struggles.

It would appear that although they gave me a diaphragmatic fill and the liquid went down ok that something has happened to cause the band to go tight. Not only tight but the fact that in 4 weeks I've been able to eat only 3 meals of mashed food.

I've been able to eat crackers and ryvita ( and while in hospital with my son having his surgery the chocolate bar that I "comfort ate" and crisps cos it was all I could get all went down ok. When I tried a sandwich from the shop, I was sick. When I tried dry toast I was sick. Anything I tried, fruit, soft melon, yoghurt, all sat above the band and then came back up.

Even water starts me"sliming" :(

However I can't eat fish, meat, chicken, whether normal or minced. I can't eat vegetables, mashed of otherwise, I can't even eat yoghurt. I've gone between liquids only and attempts at mash for 4 weeks.

Except this week I can't even drink orange juice or water without it coming back up. A couple of times I've managed to eat tuna, it's gone thro the band and then I've been violently sick.

I called HW my provider today and they had appointments in Manchester but as my sons had surgery and in casts on both legs there's no way I can go on a 6 hour round trip. So I'm booked in on Monday.

I had no restriction at 11mls and they took me up to 12 with the diaphragmatic fill but it's been 4 weeks of battle and I've put on 4lbs this week as I've only been able to set ryvita with butter.

It's been a nightmare....and I'm hoping that a defill will enable me to get on track but more so enable me to eat!!!

Tonight I'm feeling rough, my stomach hurts, the muscles around where my band is are hurting, the muscles around the left side where the tubing goes is hurting too. I've just tried to take soluble painkillers, but they've come back up. I can't get tablets to go down and I feel as if I've been run over by a truck. I've got pain in my shoulder blades which would indicate wind pain but I've not eaten. Deflatine isn't helping.

Blegh, I feel crisp which I really don't need this week....

All I wanted was a bit of restriction, so etching to take the hunger away. Not only do I feel hungry all the time, but I can't eat either.

Last edited:
My god top cat how awful .the wind like pain could b because u haven't eaten I get that pain even if I haven't eaten anything I think u should try drinking a protein shake u need sustenance .
I really hope u get it sorted .good luck.

my update today - I had a defill.

She wanted to take out 3mls to take me back to 9, but we finally agreed on 2mls.

When they put the needle in and then the syringe there was sooooo much pressure in the band it filled the syringe on it's own without her having to draw any out, as such, she took a big more out, and then made it 2mls and let me drink. First time I could drink water in 4 weeks almost!

I got told off for having left it so long, not only because of lack of nutrition, but the fact of dehydration which I know I have been. I just couldn't get up there last week due to my sons surgery, and the stress of it all made the band even tighter. Iver the weekend there were times I could hardly even swallow saliva!

She explained that being so tight can cause long term damage such as strangulation if the stomach by the band, so I should've gone earlier, but now that she has taken this out, she said there will be considerable swelling and inflammation.

I now have to go on bland liquids for 7 days, so literally milk, water and very weak squash - I don't do shakes so that's out. But no soups which are spicy or tomato based, no acidic liquids, there's only one soup I do eat, it's acidic and spicy lol

After that I have to go to small purée foods for a week and then see if I can do mash. After that I can start eating but we will then review the fills in the band. One thing I notice already is that I have the hunger just as I did before, but I don't have the pain, acid taste in my throat or the struggle to swallow saliva so that's a good place to start.

Of the 8lb I'd lost early in the month, I had put on 2 1/2lb but still in the 13s and they recorded a 5lb loss, I am happy with that as for over two weeks I've literally lived on ryvita or crackers with butter or smooth peanut butter (only thing I could eat) along with chocolate, crisps and biscuits which was all I had for the two days in hospital with my son.

Mind you I can see just how easy when you are too tight that the weight can go on so quickly because the only foods you can eat are the "wrong" ones. Lots of cals, fat and not good

Still hoping to see the next few days take off some of the band pressure so I can feel better to get back on track.

:)

I just read your posts , my thoughts as a child less person were "what a brave devoted mother" you are, your battle is so touching how on earth you have managed for 4 weeks I cannot imagine. I so hope everything now settles down and your weight loss journey continues deserving of every pound.

I just read your posts , my thoughts as a child less person were "what a brave devoted mother" you are, your battle is so touching how on earth you have managed for 4 weeks I cannot imagine. I so hope everything now settles down and your weight loss journey continues deserving of every pound.

Couldn't have put it better myself! X

Goodness me, you poor thing. You have had such a tough time, I dont know how you find the strength to stay so positive.
I really hope to start to feel much better soon. I admire your pure grit and determination I really do.
Im sorry the hunger is back I dont know how you have managed to loose so much with no restriction. Wish I had your will power makes me ashamed of losing my way last week.
Take care xx

Back