• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3rd Week Post Op

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys

Well I cant believe 3 weeks has passed already since I had my banding op :eek: and I am pleased to say that I lost another 2lbs this week :D Bringing my total of a 13lb loss in 3 weeks.

I cannot believe how gr8 this banding lark is:love047:, I had no pain relief from when I left the hospital (it wasnt needed) minimal winding ...and I not been sick or had any trouble (fingers crossed I wont) I keep thinking to myself if its working this well without a fill its gonna be working mega well with a fill, This is the lightest I have been for a very very long time (in years) and I am chuffed too bits.;):D

Thanks in advance for reading - MeJulie x x

Last edited:
well done!
we have similar loss, i lost 2lbs in week 2 & 3 too.
and like you say, the band isnt even working yet!

Hi Jule, I'm 4 weeks post op and feeling great now too, getting a bit nervous about the fill, because I feel i'm just at the right level at the moment and slightly worried what a total restriction will be like. Getting filled on the 13th September. xx

Hi Jule, I'm 4 weeks post op and feeling great now too, getting a bit nervous about the fill, because I feel i'm just at the right level at the moment and slightly worried what a total restriction will be like. Getting filled on the 13th September. xx

Hey there

I am getting filled on the 17th september, and tbh I aint worried about the fill at all (pain wise) needles dont bother me in the slightest( I am having barium meal also). What size is ur band? and do u know how much u will be having in ur first fill? I got a 7ml band in (wont take much to fill that) All the best - MeJulie x x

Hi Girls,

I had my band fitted on 29th July and everything is going really well apart from wind problems. Pineapple juice seems to help me. I have my first band fill under Xray on 1st September so will be able to report back then x

Hi Julie...I've got no idea at all re size of band, I guess I can find all this out when I go on the 13th, I had to go back in hosp 4 days after op, to have a defill, I know they took 4 mill out of me and it made the world of difference, prior to that I could get and keep nothing down, thats why I'm slightly worried about it being to tight, I wouldn't want to go through that again. xx

well done on the fab weight loss Julie!

Can I ask a slightly personal question? feel free to tell me to mind my own business though!

I notice we're the same height, but I've set my target weight lower that you, at 105 pounds. Sounds tiny but I am very small framed and should really be petite. But I've been wondering for a while if I'm being too ambitious.
How did you arrive at your target weight?

well done on the fab weight loss Julie!

Can I ask a slightly personal question? feel free to tell me to mind my own business though!

I notice we're the same height, but I've set my target weight lower that you, at 105 pounds. Sounds tiny but I am very small framed and should really be petite. But I've been wondering for a while if I'm being too ambitious.
How did you arrive at your target weight?

Thats ok ask away;) Well I just assumed that a 9 stone target would be a nice weight for me , I originally put 140lbs (ten stone) but then changed me mind, an ideal weight for (as I been told) is somewhere between 7 1/2 stone and 9 1/2 stone. So I settled for 9 stone which would bring me BMI too 24.9 which is within the normal range, anything else I lose will be a bonus. When I started out on this wls I just wanted a healthy normal BMI range and no health related issues either so if I can manage that , that will be good enough for me .HTH

All the best - MeJulie .

Thanks Julie. I find BMI varies so much. In some scales my ideal weight could be as little as 61/2 stones! Which I think is utterly ridiculous!

Back