• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

Hello :) :)

I wouldn't worry Mrs b, just think it's a numbers game, if your Cals are low and protein high then it will happen, it will. Sometimes it takes a few weeks, then bam off it comes X

Do you do weekly weighs?? I'm trying to keep to once a week - tomorrow- but I did have a sneaky look yesterday and was pleased, but last couple of weeks I didn't move much at all... I even moved the scales around the floor to get the lowest reading lol

Maybe try changing your food round a bit?? I've been trying to have lumpier food cos you can't eat as much. So instead of porridge I've had scrambled tofu ( like scrambled eggs). I'm trying to keep my carbs low and have protein. You'll find what works for you ... We're finding our feet and it takes time. Don't worry x

My fill is Saturday ... Not looking forward to having a few days liquids again... I like normal food ;-)

Its common in the early weeks while swapping from fluids to slop to food be patient, stop jumping on the scales too lol it will happen.... this 'restriction' that everyone looks for really is just feeling less hungry :) I found a brilliant article about the workings of the band, which made it a whole lot clearer....I will try and find it again and post it up...its very interesting reading and may help someone out there x x x take it easy x x x

Sorry Mrs Beaver....don't want to hijack your diary :) I found the link on my diary dated 30th March 2015 page 159 if you want a look :) its a great read, certainly gave me plenty of food for thought...of course I cant vouch for the content or the source but deffo worth a read.....

I will post up a link if that's ok with Mrs Beaver x x x

Thanks girls, I think I needed a bit of a pickmeup :) . Of course you can post a link Crystal!

Feeling a bit more positive this morning. Will need to make a plan for next week and really up my protein.

Right, Im off to work!

Yep it will :) today will be a good day X

Thanks Crystal, that was a really good read!

Anyhoooooo...weigh in day has arrived and dun dun duuuun....3.5lb off!!! I'm ivrr the moon, especially because I was kinda stuck for a while. Didn't step in the scales all week, so I wouldn't stress, and it seemed to have done the trick. Happy days!

Really been watching my protein intake and shopped accordingly. Breakfast today will be skyr with passion fruit curd and lunch will be ham, eggs, pickles and a bit of mayo.

Also started listening to a new audiobook I downloaded. Mindfulness. Has anyone used this?

Attachments

• image-510008510.jpg
    image-510008510.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 20
Well done MrsB - great loss for the week!

Sounds like you're getting the protein thing well and truly sorted.

Yrs thanks crystal - a good read X

Well done Mrs b :)

I have the simply being app , but not heard of yours. Sounds good. X

Hi Mrs B ....congrats on the loss!!

I've started mindfulness which was recommended to me by a few people.

It's becoming more popular.

I use the headspace app and have just bought a book....mindfulness-a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world!

I'll let you know if it's worth a read!

Xx

Sorry for being mia, but it has been a busy week. Starting new job today, so it has been a bit manic. Didn't lose this week, but not expected it to be honest. We had cake at work pretty much every day. Need to work on my willpower. Anyway, I better go in ?

Hi Mrs b, glad to see you back and good luck with the new job :)

*clears cobwebs from thread* Hello fellow slimmers!!! How are we all doing? I've been away for a while, just too busy with the new job etc and then of course Christmas. Just had my 2nd fill on Monday and today is the first day I'm allowed to eat normal food again. Already felt more restriction, so am exited. Have not lost any weight since my last fill which is discouraging. But I have been snacking a lot. So this week I went back to basics and cut the snacking. Hopefully I can keep it up. During the week at work it's not so bad as im really busy, but the weekends are a different kettle of fish. Will start posting here again to keep track. Missed you guys !

Well a week since my 2nd fill. Lost nearly 4lb, so that's good. Also can really feel the restriction now. Went out for dinner last night and had a couple of chicken strips as a starter and half a pasta dish for mains....and couldn't finish it.

Better food choices last week as well. Only struggled in Saturday with too much snacking.

Full week of normal food this week. Let's see how that goes lol

Back