• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taming the inner pig - Mrs. Beavers Journey

Had a good day today. Went for my recall job interview, got offered the job. Wooohooo! New body, new glasses, new job!

Food has been ok today as well. Tomorrow is my first day of eating normal food again. Sooo looking forward to it.

Well done MrsB :D

Yay nice one :) :) congrats X and whoop to food too X

Fiiiinaaalllyyyy! I am over the 1 1/2 stone mark :) ....scales this morning told me that I have now lost 21.6lb.

Aaaand, I am back on normal food today....hooray! Only for 3 days mind, then I have my first fill lol.

Going back to work fulltime again next week, so I will sit down today, and write down my plan for next week and possibly do some batch cooking during the weekend.

Fantastic Mrs B - well done! I'm envious on the gym thing - I was told gym was out until I'd had my 8 week follow-up. I'm itching to start Pilates and Aquafit.

So I handed in my notice yesterday....that was rather liberating lol. When I came back home I stopped by the coop to get some food in.....it was really bizarre. Fell right into my old patterns, wanting something "bad". Ended up just buying a small Tapas platter. When I got home I just nibbled on it for a bit, but I felt like a caged animal....went from fridge to cubboard and back to the fridge. Ended up just making a few chips in the actifry for dinner.

So my first day of being back on normal food was not really a success :( . It just shows you that the band is no miracle cure....I need to work on my headspace as well, so I don´t fall back into old patterns.

Yep I agree, me too, but at least you recognise it. X

The thing is Mrs B, you recognised it and in fact you did really well because ultimately you did question your choices and went for something 'less bad' than I bet you were initially tempted by. Cooking your chips in the healthiest way, and having a little bit of Tapas.

Giving up your job is a big life change and is pretty scary even whilst liberating. In your situation, in the past, I would have been downing a bottle of wine on top of a pizza or something. Every little trial in life like this will make you stronger and better able to make the right choices.

A brain band would be ideal xxx

You may make some bad food choices along the way but protect your band always by having them in tiny quantities xxxx

Well, here I am, waiting to see mr laden to get my first fill. This should be interesting!

Yesterday was a good day. Had a croissant for breakfast and a lovely wagyu burger for dinner. Without the bun. Was really nice.

Shall post more after my fill.

All done....fill went well. Nurse told me I had 3ml in the band before and she put another 1.5ml in, so I now have a total of 4.5ml in my band. Getting the fill was really weird. My port is right between my boobs, so it was feeling really odd. After the fill I had a shake and just had some soup for my lunch.

Dont really feel any difference yet, but I suppose the proof will be once I start eating more substantial food. But today and tomorrow, I will be on liquids and then two days on sloppy food again.

Picked up my new glasses afterwards and will now enjoy the rest of my last day off :)

Glad to hear it went well :) mines on Saturday x

Hi peeps, sorry I have been awol for a few days, life has been hectic lol. Between getting work all wrapped up, new carpet laid, trying to rearrange my living room, I was simply too tired to write lol.

Anyhoo, I am back on normal food from tomorrow on. I have to say so far I have not felt much more restriction, but I have been less hungry I think. I suppose the proof will be in the next couple of days.

What I am really annoyed at, is that my weightloss is still stalled. I seem to be losing and gaining the same pound for the last two weeks....I have to be honest, I have been quite lazy, but still, eating less than 1000 kcal, the weight should shift....

Right, I am exhausted....off to bed x

Back