• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Your advice

p_relf

So Im 6 wks post op, had my first fill on Saturday, now have 7.5 mls in a 14 mls band. Today back on normal food went well, had Special K which went down well. Break had a banana and felt a little nauseas once I had eaten it. Lunch had a small jacket potato and beans but had a PB 3/4 through and had to rush to the loo. Just back from the gym and did a crumpet with some melted low fat cheese and just had half and vomited again. Is this normal? What were other people's experiences after their first fill? Thanks :) Paul

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Wowza:eek: you are so luckily if you can eat cornflakes and crumpets, there is no way that anything remotely bread like will go down with me.

Make sure you are eating a suitable portion size, for me that's about a cat plate and are eating slowly enough, I follow the 20:20:20 rule.

Eating too fast, too much, or too early in the day has me throwing up.

Just got a whopping fill tonight, so maybe back on fluid for a few days if I get swelling. Milk love it !!!

Good luck!

I'm still perfecting my eating post band. But currently I am eating:

Breakfast : 1 weetabix, 125ml skimmed milk, 125 g strawberries
Snack : Large Latte or 2 ryveta with dairylee or marmite
Lunch : 100g chicken, 100g veg usually broccoli
Snack : Repeat of snack
Dinner : Same as lunch

If I am really starving will repeat breakfast if been at the gym a lot and am famished.

I've not got this sussed just yet ;)

You may find that post the fill that it will take time to adjust what you can eat or what you can tolerate and you may need to "mash" for a day or two more before moving onto the other foods. However, a lot of people cannot tolerate bread/crumpets at all, and it maybe that you need to hold off of these for a while and try again.

Do you feel that you were eating the Jacket potato too quickly? My provider doesnt suggest the 20-20-20 rule but to chew a small mouthful for 30 seconds then wait for 30 seconds after chewing to allow it to go down, but to only eat for 20 mins and then to stop, even if not feeling "full".

I know if I've had a time where I've felt a bit yukky, that I've moved back a stage, so if on mash to liquids, or if on normal food to a mashy light food it can take a while after the fill for things to settle down, but if you find that it keeps making you vomit then you may have had too much of a fill.

Hi

It does sound like you may have eaten too quickly, hard habbit to break I know.

Crumpet would be pretty tough on the band. I was told to avoid bread, rice and pasta as they can swell and cause discomfort - or stick and come back up!

Try and slow right down x

Thanks guys, yeah maybe I am eating too fast. 20.20.20 rule recommended by my provider also.

Has 2 ryvetta with low fat cheese spread for lunch, and at the end felt a bit nausea. Just had mash, tuna with low fat salad cream that went down ok. Maybe soft food for a few more days, then see. Do people eat super noodles etc ok? Thanks all :)

Wow just goes to show that each of us is diff! I can't eat beans,bread,crackers or anything like that but I'm fine with pasta in small ammounts,our bands have a mind of their own x

Yeah haven't PB'd yesterday gone to sloppy ish foods a bit longer! Getting full quickly! Which is good! Got my next fill on the 8th dec! Not sure if I'll need it lol we shall see! :)

I think it can help going back a stage and glad you're doing better. Things can change so quickly Im finding with the band with things that we may be fine to eat one minute but not the next, its certainly an onward learning process lol

Back