• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 Weeks post op

chocchucky

I just wanted to ask if anyone else used to feel tired at this time, i seem to get so tired very easily and quickly i know its still early days, but didnt think i would be soooo tired. Im doing really well at the moment i am 2 lb off loosing 2 stone now which im exstatic over. I have also had a bad weekend where i thought i was having a hypo (low sugars) cause is sent my sugars down to 3.6 which for me is very low, i contacted the L&D and they told me it was a dumping it lasted for nearly 2 and a half hours, god it was rough. Had a couple over the weekend to, seemed once i had something to eat it helped after a while:)

Look forward to hearing what you guys think or could advise.

Sharon xxxx

Well done on your weight loss so far Sharon. Sorry you are feeling so tired I think from what I have read this is quite normal, I am sure someone with experience will be along soon to confirm. Sounds like you had a rough weekend hopefully things will settle down over the next couple of weeks for you.

Hi Sharon, I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow. I wasn't really ever tired before and struggled to sleep if anything! Now I am sooo tired come the end of the day ready for my bed at 6pm! I push it to 9.30pm! I am back to work next week and dont know how I will cope with my nights but I am sure this is normal for most people from what I have read. I might ask that they check my iron levels as low iron can make you feel tired xxxx

Thanks alot guys i am as i write this having a low blood sugar or dumping so bare with me plz, i had a bllood test done and everything seems to be fine, but im so knackered and also ready for my bed around 8 ish lol

Sharon

are you eating enough sharon? x

Yes I remember those days well, I was in bed by 6 seriously, I was exhausted and weak all the time, tearful and depressed too.
The early days are the hardest, I remember reading posts by people a few months out like I am now saying it gets easier and thinking "does it?" and I assure you that for me it has and I'm sure you will look back in a few months time and think "thank goodness thats over" and you will be feeling much better in yourself.
Congratulations on your fabulous loss so far and I hope you feel on top of the world very very soon!
L x

Hi peeps Hannah i think im eating enough i hope so:)
Laura thanks also to your post i feel quite weak most of the time i dont seem to be able to eat very much as i do feel full. Not sure why im getting so many dumpings either. Do you think it will pass, and yes i do hope things will get alot easier, now dont laugh i have a nap during the day and still ready for bed around 8pm. Sleeping like a baby tho so i suppose thats good:)

Sharon xxx

Hi sharon, i was always tired as well i do think this is the norm, i was sooo lucky as im a stay at home mum and had lots of help so i spent most of my time on a sun lounger in the garden! They say our bodies are healing whilst we sleep so that can only be a good thing, i dont think we realise how much the op takes out of us and also the reduction in calories, once your eating more im sure things will pick up, i found the real turning point to be at 3 months post op when i felt almost back to normal and i could eat a fair amount of food, i havent looked back since and for the first time in my life it's great to not be on a diet and i really feel like a 'normal' person with 'normal eating habits!

Hi Sharon
I am not at the op stage yet, but i wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss so far. Get plenty of rest i hope you are feeling better very soon.
Take care hun.

Hi sharon sorry your feeling so bad at the moment maybe if you let us know what it is your eatign and how much someone may be able to identify the cause of your dumping. Are you having something with hidden sugars in it? are you eating too fast or drinking at the same time as having a meal? Also if you have had constipation this can also cause problems so you may need to take something for that too. Make sure you are taking your lanzoprazole every day re the digestive probs and also make sure you are taking your iron, calcium and vitamins daily too as not doing so will make you feel weaker.

Hope you feel batter soon Xx

Thanks all for you kind words of wisdom, it took me a good couple of hours before this one eventually calmed down. As regard how much im eating,

3/4 of a weetabix for breakfast
Mid morning is usually a glass of milk (small)
Dinner is small bowl of soup
Mid afternoon is a ski yoghurt
Tea time is a ramekin portion of mash potato, veg, a little tiny bit of meat. (pureed ofc:)
glass of milk with my protein in later in the evening:)

Be interested in what you guys think? Hope im not eating tooo much.

Debzy yeah hun i am taking my vitamins, gets quite hard sometimes doesnt it to remember but i usually get them all in before i go to bed. Im also fighting off an infection at the mo so maybe that also has somthing to do with it:)

Sharon xx

Back