• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Week 4 post op

tendersage

Hi all

i know i have mentioned my weight loss a few times this week without revealing how much so here is the final loss for the week a wopping 14lb!!!!

now i am concerned it might be dropping off too fast and as i am seeing Mr Mannur today i will let you know what happens as it concerns the removal of my gallbladder as well as me discussing the massive loss this week and me regulating my eating better by going onto soft foods.

Had a very tired week, all i seemed to want to do is sleep which has affected how much i have been able to consume ect. I want to start getting some energy back and build up towards getting back to work.

Congratulations on your mega loss hun. Although it is a huge loss for one week, I wouldnt be too concerned as 23lb overall seems to compare quite well to what others have lost in 4 weeks post op.

Hope your appointment today goes well hun. You seem to be making a good recovery considering your earlier complications so well done you

i lost nothing whilst in hospital possibly this is mybody making up for it, but i need ot work on that tiredness its to excessive when i usually bounce back from things very fast. Even my wound is almost healed, just a few faint scabs lest on there now

you are doing great hun. Are you noticing the weight loss yet? are clothes feeling any looser.

I cant wait to be on the losing side!

oh yes i am noticing the weight loss lol i have lost 2" on my waist for a start... and if you add on the 24lb i lost before the bypass thats a massive 47lb = 3 stone 5lb gone

i am living in the clothing J bought me at hospital i havent worn any of my old clothing since, i need to go through it and see what needs binning and what needs passing on to others

Anyone need size 28/30's?

fantastic hun.... you'd better start saving up for a shopping spree! sounds like you are going to be a fast loser

are you saving as well sam?
tendersage you are doing really well. glad you are feeling a little better and im sure once you are on more food choices you will bounce back.
take care and listen to yr body.
hc

Yup i put £500 a way for new cloths before i even had the bypass so i know i can have a shopping spree when its needed. I am not going to buy a lot just yet just a couple sets each time i need them, and a few days before i start back at work i will go buy some work trousers... their uniform ones never fit and are a wool mix which is horrid. I get the money back but have to fork out until payday.

OMG yes its a stone isn't it, it did not register as that lol now that sounds even more then saying 14lb.......

Thanks everyone

Well done TS :clap:

WoW Well done you!!!
Thats excellent going!!
I am really happy for you and I don't think its coming off too fast as in the begining it was slow and everyone loses at different rates so well done X

THanks FGS and richard, i was losing 1k a day and that felt freaky what with the tiredness, but i am glad its gone i wonder when it will slow down, i cant continue losing at this rate and i do need to start measuring myself properly otherwise i wont notice the shrinking effect lol

THanks FGS and richard, i was losing 1k a day and that felt freaky what with the tiredness, but i am glad its gone i wonder when it will slow down, i cant continue losing at this rate and i do need to start measuring myself properly otherwise i wont notice the shrinking effect lol

The stats say that the greatest lose for a bypasser is in the first 6 months, so capitilise on this time as much as you can, post 6 months you'll need to work at it to continue to lose more, mines certainly slowed down now to 2lbs a week or so.
Calculate your lose in pounds each week, the number goes up quicker and you'll feel better this way, if you do it in kg's or stones it will seem slower, when you get to about 8 stone down then switch to stones when you tell people as those not watching weight will relate better to 8 stone rather than 110lbs lose !

But still well done to you Sage keep it up

WOW! What a fab loss. Don't worry, you have been through alot so this big loss should not be a problem. You do need to increase your food intake but your doc will be able to instruct you there. You have had lots of stress and small nutrition = tiredtness. Once you can consume more calories and you get your gallbladder sorted, that tiredness will probably fade away. It is just your body's way of conserving energy.

Way to go and let us know what your doc says.

Nic:D

Welldone Tendersage, thats such a good weightloss, I hope you get your second wind soon and get your energy back. x

ok am home after a long session in town where i had to find something to eat as i was well late with my lunch.

Mr Mannur will remove my gallbladder under NHS for me at hommerton... i have his contact details to give to my Dr who needs to write a referal to him, and he said he should be able to do it in 5 weeks time (approx) as a lap op and not open... this will of course mean another 2 weeks off work!!!!!!!!

The dietitian agreed with me that if i am struggling to eat 6 meals a day i am better off going onto soft foods now expecially with the low energy as a result of it, and as i managed a scrambled egg ok she saw no reason for me not to, as long as i take it easy.

Ok finally got out of there to discover it was 4pm and no lunch, try finding a cafe that does jacket potato and chilli at that time, so i ended up in Debenhams canteen with macaroni (scottish) cheese only to have a mild dump due to the fat content, however i needed something at at that time it was my best option, i will have to watch fat content more.

Another reason for going into Debs was to get my bangers measured... i knew i needed it but not just how much i have gone from a 42E to a 36F... i have to admit i could easily wear a 38 instead but she measured me for more weight loss as i explained ot her about the bypass and that it WOULD still come off, despite being young she understood what it was about...

Back