• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dizzy spell.

Anon1986

So I was putting up some new furniture this afternoon, nothing to strenuous but I was sweating a bit as it was tricky/forceful. So, mild exertion.

During which I suddenly felt a bit of nausea and then was extremely dizzy. I sat down for a few moments and realised I could barely hear anything. This spell only lasted about 1-2 minutes until it started degrading, I was fine within 4-5 minutes. I returned to the DIY only for it to happen again after exerting myself a bit more.

It's not happened since but I feel overly weak and tired. I'm asking here because it could be related to low energy, least I'm hoping.

I've been struggling to eat enough since the wrap I had on the 18th. But I still eat when hungry, definitely under 200 calories most days though. I've had 2 or 3 where I had 400 calories, on some days when I ate naughty things...

Why are your calories still so low this far after your op? No wonder you are getting dizzy spells - sounds like you were close to passing out. Ring your team I think your levels should be higher by now x

ive had a bypass hun... so the wrap im unfamiliar with... but if the same as us bypassers... you should be having between 800 and 1200 cals for day and over 60g of protein. Also you need to aim for 2 litres of fluids per day.

Dizzyness is common at the beginning.. so you do need to take it easy... but its is more common if you havnt eaten enough hun xx
Take care lovely xx

you are starving yourself! You should be on way more than that, even if you drink a few milky drinks you really need to get those cals up to the 800 mark at least! Hope you feel better soon when you do.

I do drink ample liquids, normally around 2 litres a day. Sometimes more. These being a mix between NAS Vimto and bottled water. Or Milk, or Orange juice... depends what mood I'm in.

I've just been finding it hard to eat much really, if I cook food I'm full for the entire day and that meal only hits about 200-300 calories. I did have a banana with one of those pots of fat free ambrosia custard last night. I havn't enjoyed anything that much since before my OP. Tasted simply divine and gave me a kick of 250 calories which put my daily upto 500.

Well, 600 calories today so it's a lot better. Had 1/3rd nearly half a turkey wrap at subway, couldn't stomach more than 1/3rd of it. 150 calories or so there, 30g of pringles multigrain classic and banana and custard for supper :).

600 cals, roughly.

Dont worry too much about actual meat and two veg type of meals you should be having small meals and snacks inbetween.Milky coffees and cheese on tuc really helped me.I had almonds a few times a day too.Peanut butter on melba toasts.This will keep your cals up!

2-400 cal's is not enough to keep your brain blood sugar safe let alone you body - be careful as starvation in the early stages can lead to huge problems down the line - such as organ failure, you really should contact your team, perhaps you should be topping up with some protein shakes or Complan. Take care of yourself x

Back