• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5-Minute Protein Cake

phatgirl

Here is the recipe for my glorious birthday cake. Original recipe can be found here: theworldaccordingtoeggface: Black Forest but here is my adapted version.

It is low in sugar but high on taste, plus it is full of protein!

Chocolate-Coconut Protein Cake with Chocolate Sauce

Cake ingredients:

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Davinci Sugar-free Syrup, I used Caramel Syrups and Spreads | Sugar Free Megastore
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix Multi-grain pancake mix or low carb pancake mix like this one Kitchen Pancake and Waffle Mix - Original | Sugar Free Megastore
2 Tablespoons Cocoa (used options Choc-Coconut Hot Choc mix)
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder (I used Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar from BSN Lean Desserts) http://www.cheapuksupplements.com/sh...essert_protein
Pinch salt
1 - Large Microwave Safe Measuring Jug

Sauce ingredients:
2 squares of Dark Chocolate No-sugar-added
2 squares of Milk Chocolate No-sugar-added
Dash of Milk (maybe 1/2 a tbsp)
Dash of Davinci Syrup
Chopped nuts & strawberry for garnish

In a measuring jug or microwave safe bowl, mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cocoa, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 3 minutes (my micro is low watt so if yours is a big/powerful on then you only need 2 to 2.5 minutes).

Let it sit for 2 or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate.

While the cake cools, take 2 squares of dark no sugar-added choc & 2 squares of milk choc no sugar-added and nuke them until they melt (1-2 minutes). Stir in a dash of milk & a dash of davinci syrup until it makes a thick glossy sauce. Pour sauce over the warm cake and sprinkle with chopped nuts, I added a strawberry and a candle. So yummy that Mr. PG almost was wounded trying to get a second piece...Makes about 4-5 bypass servings but to avoid unfortunate spouse 'accidents' it might be wise to give them their own!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ChocCake3.jpg
    ChocCake3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 418
  • ChocCake2.jpg
    ChocCake2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 375
  • ChocCake1.jpg
    ChocCake1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 280

phatgirl

Vanilla Almond Chocolate Chip Protein Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Davinci Sugar-free Syrup, I used Caramel Syrups and Spreads | Sugar Free Megastore
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix Multi-grain pancake mix or low carb pancake mix like this one Kitchen Pancake and Waffle Mix - Original | Sugar Free Megastore
2 Tablespoons Cocoa (used options White Chocolate Hot Choc mix)
1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (I used Whipped Vanilla Cream from BSN Lean Desserts) http://www.cheapuksupplements.com/sh...essert_protein
2 tbsp Dark Chocolate no-sugar added bar roughly chopped
2 tbsp Mixed nuts diced
1 tbsp dried & unsweetened Coconut
1 tsp of Almond Extract
Pinch salt

In a measuring jug or microwave safe bowl, mix egg, milk, syrup, extract and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cocoa, protein powder, nuts, chocolate, coconut and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 3 minutes (my micro is low watt so if yours is a big/powerful on then you only need 2 to 2.5 minutes).

Let it sit for 2 or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate.

Makes about 4-5 bypass servings, top with you fav sugar free sauce, nuts and light whip for a really tasty treat.

Enjoy!

hopelesscase

Have got to say nic made me the chocolate one the other day without the topping and it is devine. Im the girl who keeps saying the thought of anything sweet just doesnt do it for me bit this cake really isnt sweet but oh so tasty.
am going to have to go shopping with nic now to make sure i have all the right ingriedents

phatgirl

Banana Nut Protein Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Davinci Sugar-free Syrup, I used Vanilla Syrups and Spreads | Sugar Free Megastore
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
2 Birds's Vanilla Custard Powder
1 scoop Banana Nut Bread protein powder (I used BSN Lean Desserts) http://www.cheapuksupplements.com/sh...essert_protein
2 tbsp Mixed nuts diced
1 tbsp dried & unsweetened Coconut
1 tbsp of Cinnamon Powder
Pinch salt

In a measuring jug or microwave safe bowl, mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, custard powder, protein powder, nuts, coconut and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 3 minutes (my micro is low watt so if yours is a big/powerful on then you only need 2 to 2.5 minutes).

Makes about 4-5 bypass servings, top with you fav sugar free sauce, nuts and light whip for a really tasty treat.

Enjoy!

salski

*sings*
I want it all...and I want it now!
Hahaha....I looked to buy the pancake batter but they dont have any in stock...will wait as I am dying to try this!

swizzlestick

Lifes a beach
I cannot believe I am on THIS thread whilst im on the pre op lol.

Great cake ideas, I had been thinking of ways to make modifications to some trusted recipes and now I have EVEN more ideas..Maybe my cake baking days wont be over after all :)

Thanks ever so much PG :)
Oh and Hopelesscase, you should have took a piccie of the 50th bday cake you made for your friend!

Xx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Nic, mission for you. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Pleeeassseeeeeee.

phatgirl

[FONT=&quot]Protein Carrot Cake & Cream Cheese Frosting[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Davinci Sugar-free Syrup, I use Vanilla Syrups and Spreads | Sugar Free Megastore
[/FONT]2 Tablespoons No Sugar Added Strained Carrots Baby Food
[FONT=&quot] 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Multigrain Pancake Mix Multi-grain pancake mix or low carb pancake mix like this one Kitchen Pancake and Waffle Mix - Original | Sugar Free Megastore or Avidlite low carb mixes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (I used BSN Lean Desserts) http://www.cheapuksupplements.com/sh...essert_protein
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Pecans, chopped
1 Tablespoon Raisins
Pinch salt

In a measuring jug or microwave safe bowl, mix egg, milk, syrup, carrots & oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cinnamon, protein powder, nuts, raisins and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined. Nuke in microwave for 3 minutes (my micro is low watt so if yours is a big/powerful on then you only need 2 to 2.5 minutes).

Makes about 4-5 bypass servings, top with you fav sugar free sauce, nuts and light whip or frosting for a really tasty treat.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cream Cheese Frosting[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Equal parts Cream Cheese, softened and Ricotta Cheese sweetened with Sugar Free Davinci Syrup or Sugar Free Maple Syrup to taste. Mix in a few chopped pecans.[/FONT]

source:
theworldaccordingtoeggface: More 5 minute cake

Last edited:

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hmmm. Leave out the nuts and the raisins for me please :) Will it survive in the post or will you need to deliver it?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hang on a sec...where's the carrots?

phatgirl

ooops, have fixed it now!

PinkyButtonz

They all sound yummy.

How well do the cakes keep?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Strained carrot baby food? :jelous:

phatgirl

Strained carrot baby food? :jelous:

LOL Shel, I didn't make that recipe, I found it on my fav blog. I would imagine that boiled grated carrots would also be fine, maybe even better. I will give a try soon, I sorta fancy some carrot cake.

Nic:D

fuze

Hey I am just wondering where I can get Canola oil from in the UK? Its in PG's protein cake recipe