• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hungry!!

emilye349

Hi all,

I seem to be hungry all the time. Eating correct protein meals and 2 snacks a day. I have lost 7stone in the 4 months on this incredible journey. I am not eating rubbish but i always seem to be hungry (in my head i think!!) Any tips/suggestions to help?xx

Hi all,

I seem to be hungry all the time. Eating correct protein meals and 2 snacks a day. I have lost 7stone in the 4 months on this incredible journey. I am not eating rubbish but i always seem to be hungry (in my head i think!!) Any tips/suggestions to help?xx

Wow I thought the feeling would not return after surgery. When did you start to crave or feel hungry? Which type of surgery did you have?

I am dreading that happening.

Hiya i had a bypass. To be honest the feeling has subsided now!! I think I was eating the wrongs things/amounts! I can stomach 1/2 of a sandwich with no crusts!! Just a whole new life style i guess lol x

I'm 9 months post op and I feel hunger...
Not first thing in the day though ..
Mine starts in the late afternoon or eve..

One thing I do know is that it is very much attached to boredom..

When I'm busy I done feel hungry so it must be head hunger I feel in the evenings..

Just shows that WLS is not the easy cure all.. We still have to work for our losses xx

Thats like me! Always in the afternoon when work slows down lol! Im only 4.5months post op now!! Its definitely not the easy option!

I feel hunger already and have done for the last 2 weeks - I'm now 7.5 weeks post bypass.

I put it down to no longer being in ketosis. I was def in ketosis as my wife knows what that smells like (my breath gets bad). A day after I started to feel hungry, she mentioned the smell was gone.

I'm sure this is why so many folk aren't hungry while the weight flies off - they're in ketosis.

Luckily so far my weight is still coming off and I can just ignore the hunger.

I feel hunger already and have done for the last 2 weeks - I'm now 7.5 weeks post bypass. I put it down to no longer being in ketosis. I was def in ketosis as my wife knows what that smells like (my breath gets bad). A day after I started to feel hungry, she mentioned the smell was gone. I'm sure this is why so many folk aren't hungry while the weight flies off - they're in ketosis. Luckily so far my weight is still coming off and I can just ignore the hunger.

If you have suddenly come out of ketosis and feel hungry you may benefit from dropping some carbs out your diet..

Easier said than done I know but it does help x

Oh i know, most of my diets the last few years have been ketogenic. I've dropped most of the carbs i was taking in, including all the starchy carbs. Just trying to balance things a bit. Don't mind being hungry, I've been hungry most of the last 43 years :)

If the weight loss stops though I'll be doing a ketogenic diet to get me going again. :)

Back