• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 stone down pics

Well done, you are looking great. I am on Day 5 of pre opp milk diet. This make you realise it is all worth it :)

Thank you. It really is. The milk diet is tough going but I'm so glad I persevered with it. It really has been worth every second. I imagine on day 5 you are starting to cope a bit better? I found day 5 a turning point for me. It also helped a lot to come on here and have people say things like just think in 9 weeks time you are going to feel like a new person! and that really isn't that long at all :D x

shelleymarie said:
I had a couple of complications due to a previous surgery (gallbladder removal) and the fact I struggled to drink enough, something you have to force yourself to do post surgery as dehydration can happen very easily. This made my recovery time a little longer than usual but I would say that pain and tiredness from the surgery is gone by about 2 weeks post op. You can then go back to work as long as you don't have to do any heavy lifting, then it just takes some time to adjust to your new tummy. Some people feel 100% within 2-3 weeks, some a little longer. It took me a bit longer because of the reasons above but I felt almost normal after 6 weeks and I felt feeling good after 8 weeks. 8 weeks didn't feel too much of an exchange consider how rubbish I'd felt physically before because of my weight for years.

Food wise you go through stages post op, usually starting with a couple days on clear fluid, then free fluid (tea, nas juice/squash, smooth soups, protein shakes or slimfast etc.) and then you will move to purée food. At around 4 weeks you can have mashed food like cottage cheese, mash potato, beans etc. and then by 8 weeks you can eat normally again but of course much healthier and smaller portions. At the moment on average I will have branflakes and fruit or scramble egg for breakfast, Crispbreads with low fat pate or feta cheese or half a small jack potato with low fat cheese and beans for lunch, then meat/fish and veg for dinner. I tend to have 1 or 2 snacks a day too, usually something like a mini babybel light or couple of crab sticks. Portions are small, for example dinner will be around 60 grams of chicken with 4 sprouts and 2 tea spoons of gravy but you can't physically eat more than that. In fact most days I wont finish the veg. I drink around 2 litres a day to prevent dehydration too. I'm satisfied with my diet and never really get hungry now, more a niggle type feeling like I think I should eat. Anyway I hope that gives you some ideas of what it's like in the early days. As time goes on I will still have to stick to small portions and a high protein low carb, nutritious diet but probably manage just slightly larger portions and tolerate a larger range of food like salad for example. It's a big adjustment but I've found it very worth while so far :)

Thanks again everyone for the comments and encouragement. Feels good to know I'm on my way :D xx

Wow Thank you so much for this info Hun!
It really has given me an In sight in what I have to come, I know everyone us different but I'm really hoping for everything to go as smoothly as possible!
Well done again and keep going girl you are doing so well X

Wow you look amazing you can definitely tell so much difference :) well done!! I'm having a sleeve in the 4th September and hope I can do as well as you :) carry on you look fab x

Thanks so much. I'm sure you will do great :) x

Well done Shelly it's such a good feeling your looking great keep it up hun it's do worth it I am 7 months post op and have lost 7,5 stone the confidence I have gained as well as the new wardrobe makes it all worth while:) xxx

Thanks Lynn :D x

Back