• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 week post op weigh in......

yorkshirelass74

Jumped on today, and am down another 6lb this week, am delighted in a weight loss way, but i have found, i am avoiding eating whenever i can, its no longer pleasureable (sp) so only eat if i am starving, sometimes its only about 400 cals a day, i am drinking 2 litres of water so am keeping hydrated, but i am experiencing a strange attitude to food.:confused:

Not sure about your reaction to food hun as am still pre-op. But let me say :clap: on your weightloss!! Fantastic xxx

I always called this food apathy, when you simply cant be bothered with it or simply dont want any and I am just the same. Well, Im the same in having it but I force myself to eat, the more good food I eat the more I lose up until now so I have to, but some days, if my blood sugars allow, I eat only very little.
Its strange when your view of food changes so dramatically, but it IS normal.
Well done on the loss xx
Steph xx

well done mona on a great weight lose:happy096: x x x
i have'nt lost any this week again but ive lost 3 n half inches off my belly in the 4 weeks since we had our op's,but my poor little brain cant work that one out:8855::brainfart:

Fantastic news, well done! It's so exciting!
:talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017::talk017:

Re: the strange attitude to food - I am just 13 days post-op but also already experiencing the 'food apathy' syndrome. I eat because I know I must and if I don't I begin to feel nauseous (which I think is because of the ketones building)

I find the sight and smell of food appetising still, but if I didn't see it I wouldn't want it AT ALL.

I find myself blessing my mum's obsession with 3 meals a day.......because my brain now naturally works that way: morning = brekky; 12 -1=lunch; 6-7 = tea/dinner/supper!
So even though I'm not hungry and don't particularly want food, I have it because it's my routine.

Well done.......thats a great weighloss! I cant imagine feeling the way you do about food lol but it seems its quite normal after bypass :D x

Back