• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 week post-op, no weight loss!!!!!! GUTTED

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
5 weeks sinc I had my bypass and I have'nt lost anything this week!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::cry::cry:

I am both sad and angry. I have lost 15lb since surgery, which seems a feeble amount compaired to the majority of you. I know we shouldn't compare, but lets face it, who doesn't?????? I just feel a little lost and disappointed.:confused::confused:

Don't know what I am doing wrong, I am following the diet sheet and having my fluids, even though most days I don't feel like anything. I have got my first appointment with consultant 20th March and I feel such a failure when I go, at only losing so little.

Very fed up and desperate!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear the lack of loss this week, But don't let that deter you, Keep following the right path and you will soon find it will fall off.

I think it's common to have a little plateau in the months after the operation. You are possibly not eating enough - that can affect weight loss.

Of course we all compare ourselves and feel a little disappointed when people lose so much more than we do - but make sure you compare the initial weight as how heavy people are might affect their speed of loss. Take me for instance, I started out nearly ten stone heavier than you.

hi sarah,
i'm a pre-opper [having op in two days time tho] so i have no advice to give you but i just wanted to send you a big supportive hug darlin.
i would be gutted to but, please try to keep your chin up and when you have your follow up appointment your surgeon may have some positive help and advice for you
loadsa love n' stuff

I'm only only iPhone so can't see the statistics. Wonder how much weight do you have to lose till target?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Chin up hun it will soon be comin of its prob ur body still healin n adjusting good luck n well dun on ur weightloss so far xx

i lost 8lb first week and day 13 now and nothing lost in 6 days !!!
Just think the body is healing and re adjusting, im sure when i start moving and swimming again it will come good, hang on hun its not a race its a life change and you will get there xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My loss in the beginning was not very fast compared to others, and on week 6 I just scrapped 1/2lb, so I am sure it is quite normal to have these variations.

It will happen if you follow the plan, and make sure you are eating and drinking enough for the stage you are at.

We all lose at different rates and although we all do it, it is not really helpful to compare. I know I did and it drove me mad as my loss has only averaged 2lbs a week throughout which is much slower than most.

Keep going and don't worry too much in these very early days.

5 weeks sinc I had my bypass and I have'nt lost anything this week!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::cry::cry:

I am both sad and angry. I have lost 15lb since surgery, which seems a feeble amount compaired to the majority of you. I know we shouldn't compare, but lets face it, who doesn't?????? I just feel a little lost and disappointed.:confused::confused:

Don't know what I am doing wrong, I am following the diet sheet and having my fluids, even though most days I don't feel like anything. I have got my first appointment with consultant 20th March and I feel such a failure when I go, at only losing so little.

I don't think youre doing anything wrong Fizz.

I lost 2 stone in 4 weeks, followed by Half a stone week 5, and just a measly 6 oz in week 6.
I know its hard to keep your spirits up after such a good start and such a big weight loss.

It obviously slows down after the stomach starts to recover and become less swollen.

I'm always comparing other peoples weight loss charts for some idea of what to expect (as you do) and one thing I have noticed is that a stall or stutter in weight loss seems a very common event so I'm not too worried about my 6oz loss - at least its going the right way. If its low next week then Ill start looking at my eating habits again.

I must say - on the liquid/mushy diet I found I could put more calories in than I thought might be good.
Ive just this Saturday moved over to a more solid diet, included a lot more lightly cooked veg and a bit of meat that I suddenly seemed to have found a tolerance for, I'm definitely eating less volume of food with the drier variety than if I were eating soups mince stew etc and Im feeling stuffed most of the day. I worked out my calorie intake yesterday and it came to 850. I was pleasantly satisfied all day and didn't need snacks etc.

I hope you get that feelgood factor about your surgery & the future back soon, we are spoilt by how easy it is to lose lbs in the first few weeks, its going to happen but it has to slow down and we have to work at it harder ! If we kept that weight loss up we'd disappear in a cloud of skin and bones by about 4 months out!

Good luck Fizz.

I'm only only iPhone so can't see the statistics. Wonder how much weight do you have to lose till target?

Hi, I currently weight 246lb and my target is 150lb, so another 104lb to lose!!!

Thanks

I only asked because I know it's easy to look at others and think they're losing more than us but they have more to lose. I had a DS in two stages, I was 17 stone when I had second stage and I lost a lot slower. 30 stone to 17 stone just dropped off, 17 to my current 11.7 was a lot slower.

Essentially you're sticking to the rules so it's going to pay off - its hard waiting for it to happen but it will. It has too if you're sticking to it! But certainly see what the team has to say, they will be able to give you feedback.

xx.

Right now your body is thinking WTF has happened and it stalls once in a while but slowly slowly catchy monkey, keep going and you will get where you want to be I had no loss until day ten after surgery and still have five or six days at a time with no loss - it might suddenly show for you tomorrow.
Sending mahoooosive hugs xx

Fizz, this kind of thread is one of the commonest on WLS forums. I was one of them complaining about how, in only week 2 post sleeve, I stalled and lost nothing for two whole weeks!!! I even gained 3lbs (but that was me being dehydrated).

Think of your weight loss as a flight of stairs going down. There are the downwards parts, and the flat parts (the treads). The treads are where our bodies adjust to what is happening before letting go again. It isn't a straight downwards line. So relax, chill, and it will happen. The title of your thread made me think you hadn't lost ANYTHING post op, but of course you have, you've lost very nicely..basically a stone in five weeks which is brilliant.

Fizz,

I had a 3 week stall about the same time, then it fell off, I am now week 14 and am on another stall - 2 weeks so far - trying not to pannic, but it is so common, and i love the thing Ruthie says about the escalator, my dietician said that sometimes the head needs to catch up so it stops releasing the fat cells for a while -

its so easy to say dont worry, because it really is disheartening, but it will kick off again - waiting is so much the hardest thing

xxx

fizzwoods said:

Hi Hun , sorry to hear you feel so low and fed up , I had a two week stall after second week and to date since my surgery have lost 21 and half pounds so I know how you feel but I up my protein last week and I came out of my stall and lost , i lost total since pre op 16 th Jan till now total of 38 and half pound ,

Hope you weight loss starts soon Hun xx

Just realising that I didn't have any protein drinks last week, cuz I bought Tesco's own 'slim fast' in vanilla and didn't like it, far too sweet for me. I have got some more today and will have one later, prob for my tea cuz I am a bit behind today and don't feel like much tea.

Thanks for all your comments... Much appreciated.
xxx

Hi, I hope things get moving for you huni.
I've not been told to have any protein drinks. I asked a Friend who had there bypass before me and they do not have them.
Things really do differ from place to place gets me in a tizz lol
Good luck xxx

Back