• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The thought of pureed food YUK!!

seawaves

Hi all me moaning again :p, I'm not feeling to nervous about my up & coming surgery but the thought of after is :sigh:.
Believe it or not i'm really fussy when it comes to things like veins in chicken (YUK YUK YUK!!) so the thought of having to puree my food turns my stomach, i know there is nothing that anyone can say about this & i'm sure after a couple of wks of liquid i won't be moaning!! But pureed meat oh no!:eek:

Hi Em, I can understand where you are coming from with the pureed food... it's difficult sometimes... I'm getting mighty adventurous with my blender right now so that I get into the groove.... please don't laugh... I had three or four things going on at once in different pans to try and blend the tastes... I shall hope to add things to blend to try and get it down...
We will do it! Together!!
p.s. well done with stopping smoking!

Bev xxx

I like thick soups and tend to put all sorts of things in. also if you like yoghurt, there is a liquid one sold in some waitrose supermarkets- it is nice and creamy.

Bev, if you come up with something a bit special ;) please put the recipe on here, any ideas welcome, and thanks for the welldone on the not smoking......i'm still behaving!

You are doing so well. Julie and myself started a link about 'affordable, simple recipe ideas', I think soups are a great starting point and I'm getting into quinoa, it's on that thread since it's got everything in it and will also go well in most soups... loads of love Em, we will get through xxx

I too am very fussy, i avoid the veins and also won't have any of the dark meat etc....

If truth be told i didn't blend, i chew chew chewed to death my food. Don't worry about it now, wait and see how you are when the time comes. If the chewing doesn't make it mushy enough then you may have to bite the bullet, or not as the case may be xx

I never could stomach pureed meat! Yuks! So I was living off vegetable cream soups and when I ate meat I just chewed a lot. Mince went in especially well.

I can't bear meat at the moment (I've still go 12 days to go on the pureed stage)
I made some fresh chicken soup pre-op but just can't bear it.
Mainly I eat soups (blended with tofu for extra protein, milk, yoghurt, pureed fruit (with yoghurt it's not unlike a muller corner yoghurt), cottage cheese with mashed potato. mushy weetabix, and porridge.

Reduced fat pate is ok but not my favourite. Hummus is nice.

I'm not too keen on Angel Delight but I've had a bit.........

The only proper food I can bear pureed other than fruit is cauliflower cheese, which is actually quite nice.

I have always been VERY fussy over textures, for instance I can't bear mashed swede because of the little 'woody' bits, HATE lumpy mashed potato......

blended home-made soups work best. I might try some custard tomorrow. :happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036: ooooooooooo the excitement of it!

It's not the nicest stage in the world, but it doesn't last for ever, and since my pouch is still ever so senesitive, I'm going to stick to it for the full 4 weeks.

You can do it honey. You've given up smoking, this'll be a breeze in comparison! :D:D:D:D:D:D

i liked cauliflower cheese blended too, i mixed it with mash spud, yummy, also mash with grated cheese in and spaghetti, all mashed together, yummy

Back