• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

53 today and what a lovely pressie

Bling Babe

today was my 53rd birthday, I was feeling a little flat most of the day, not at all worried about missing my usual very large chocolate cake instead I put a candle in my jelly Then Two amazing things happened, firstly I double checked my numbers and found I have actually lost 11lb on the pre pre surgery milk diet I'm on day 20 now, 11lb...... That's the combined weight of my first two children at birth And then my lovely OH bought me a brand new bike..... I actually felt like I was 9 years old again I was so excited , we only started cycling 2 weeks ago but I am really enjoying it, can't say the same about my rear !!!! Sooooooo blooming painful I swear my rear end ate the seat ☺️ I had already ordered a "big bum" seat to go on the old bike so looking forward to that being fitted on the new bike, now I just have to disipline myself to use it as much as possible, we have been getting out about 3 times a week as work commitments dictate, only wish I had started when the weather was brighter..... I still keep checking my numbers..... 11lb so chuffed :woohoo::bunnydance:

countrywench

Happy birthday for yesterday !
I remember using a bike for the first time since teenager years .. ouch on my butt and undercarriage ! The next time I used it for a family ride I strapped a damn cushion to the seat ! ..then discovered one of those postman seats in Halfords .. ahhhhh the bliss ..
enjoy your new bike !
Xxx

FeeBee

Belated happy birthday! You can get cycle shorts or leggings that have padded bum bit. Makes you look bootylicious but makes bike riding much more comfortable. My stick thin husband cycles to work and back every day and he wouldn't be without his :)

Turps

Happy belated birthday!

Bling Babe

I love this forum, it's like doubling your friendship circle....... Thank you all so much next weight loss update due Monday ready for L and D Wednesday, new bike not ready to ride yet so out on the old one tomorrow and actually looking forward to it..thanks Feebee, OH has ordered some shorts I'll see how I get on with seat first big hugs everyone :hugs:

Maria61

Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear how you get on. I am there on Monday and so looking forward to some foooood!

Bling Babe

Good luck tomorrow, can't wait to hear how you get on. I am there on Monday and so looking forward to some foooood!
Thank you huni, I'll update asap, have just worked my figures out yet again as I was getting muddled with conversions, my final day is Friday so final home weigh in will be Friday evening but I've lost 6.9 kg which I make to be 1 stone and 1lb, I hope I've reach my target as I was 1kg short on Monday I would have easily reached it had I not gained weight in the time between L and D setting it and me starting my milk diet, still I can't do nothing about it now so fingers crossed Xx

Bling Babe

Happy birthday for yesterday !
I remember using a bike for the first time since teenager years .. ouch on my butt and undercarriage ! The next time I used it for a family ride I strapped a damn cushion to the seat ! ..then discovered one of those postman seats in Halfords .. ahhhhh the bliss ..
enjoy your new bike !
Xxx
Hope you have a lovely holiday, bet your all packed and rearing to go :woohoo:can I ask how you fit all your weights,dates and goal into you signature as I've been trying and I'm unable to fit more that a few lines in there ? Thank you...... in advance xx

Bling Babe

Hi honey been wondering how you got on today xx
Sorry for late reply it's a long day...... it went really really really well I beat my target by 1.6kg, I honestly didn't think I'd do it, not updating my stats until I have weighed myself at work tomorrow to see if the scales tally but so incredibly happy, so I now start re-feed.... 200 calories breakfast, 300 lunch and 400 dinner plus 1 pint semi, this should at least maintain my weight if not increase my weight loss, I saw Kate and she was very nice, she explained the importance of lunch, which I normally skip as we are so busy at work (NHS), and she explained the importance of protein in that lunch, she said post surgery 3 meals are important and protein helps with healing, she wanted me back in 2 months but I had to ask if I can go early January as OH can't get time of in December and she said that was fine, I was a little upset when she explained that although my year is up in June it will be UP TO another year before I have my surgery, she also said I didn't need to continue milk diet until Friday as I'd reach target but I've continued today just until I tally scales although I have to say I'm a little scared of eating again as I now have to make choices.....this is when I'm likely to go off the rails, I did go for a 2.5 mile cycle ride when I got home and it felt good to actually be able to say which exercise I do when she asked rather than the usual reply of "I'm always running around at work" . Youve done incredibly well already, over 2 stone , is that just since you started the milk diet ? Is it next Thursday you go ? Xx

Maria61

So glad you got on so well and fantastic that you smashed the target. I lost some weight, one stone after I went to the first appointment in June and the rest has been on the milk diet. I awas hoping for surgery quicker than this but it is a lifelong commitment and we are very lucky to get this chance on the NHS. I also work for the NHS at Watford where I am a medical secretary, spooky. I go to Luton on Monday and will let you know how I get on. I am very happy to hear that food is coming my way next week, good luck xxx

Bling Babe

So glad you got on so well and fantastic that you smashed the target. I lost some weight, one stone after I went to the first appointment in June and the rest has been on the milk diet. I awas hoping for surgery quicker than this but it is a lifelong commitment and we are very lucky to get this chance on the NHS. I also work for the NHS at Watford where I am a medical secretary, spooky. I go to Luton on Monday and will let you know how I get on. I am very happy to hear that food is coming my way next week, good luck xxx
Wow how spooky.....you've done so well, I was so naughty once I knew I had to go onto the milk diet I just went all out, yes I to was hoping for sooner but absolutely true we are so lucky and it is a lifelong commitment, don't you just loathe people who can eat anything they want , is your assessment for 1 year to and do you also have diabetes (think I may have already asked you that, sorry if I have), very good luck on Monday your so close to that well deserved first meal, it's really odd but I'm almost scared to eat

Maria61

I am scared to eat too and am dreaming of beans on toast, very strange to crave this as I am such a chocoholic. I don't have diabetes but have high blood pressure and possible sleep apnoea. I got told my assessment period was 6 months as my BMI was so high at the big inning. Let's see what they say on Monday xx