• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days post op a new life

michala

:)im now 6 days post op and although there is still discomfort i feel as if i have a new life! had my gastric bypass last sat (APRIL 9th) at spire parkway in solihull under mr kumar, everything was perfect icannot fault the care i recieved from the staff even down to the hospital assistant i think his name was ?carl his reassurance and encouragement was second to none. anyone else been or going to spire? i am so happy!:D

Great you are feeling so good. I have my bypass on 28th at the Spire, but the Southampton one.

It's really nice to read posts from people that are so newly post-op and it really helps to calm those nerves!

Its brilliant that you are feeling good and getting well BUT please don't push it too quickly. I did and I made myself quite poorly.
Take time, you've got to give yourself time to heal on the inside.
Lynne xx

Glad you're doing well!

Take it easy though, you're not far out from surgery and the body needs time to heal. Even though you may feel fine, your insides have been rearranged to so speak, and need time to recover.
Take care x

The early days can be quite emotional. I was all over the place the first two weeks. Swinging between crying because I felt upset and frustrated due to being on liquids and deprived of real food, and crying out of happiness because I felt proud of what I had done for myself. Its normal to be emotional hun. Chin up xx

weighed in this morning - 13lbs so that cheered me up a bit and ive sorted a black bag of my fattie clothes to go to the charity shop, i just need to focus on the positives.xx

Back