• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days till op...

thistlegirl

Wow what a stressful time it's been.

I started my pre op diet (low carb/fat one) just over a week ago and so chuffed to have lost 12lbs already.

However I've had to deal with lots of stress this past week :(

Firstly my dad who was 23yrs sober took a drink and went on a binge. Absolutely devastated. I could've coped better if I had been told he had died rather than face the horrific memories of my childhood with a drunk dad. Luckily I coped better than I thought I would have and he has been 3 days sober now back at AA. Not out of the woods yet but hopefully on the road to recovery.

Then my daughters dad has been an idiot about seeing her. He barely makes an effort and now she is not wanting to see him and crying when he takes her out it is suddenly my fault! She is 3yrs old and he manages 2hrs every 6wks. I am very encouraging of her seeing him and talk positively about him to her. Well tonight I received a text message saying I was bullying him and creating boundaries and I was to grow up.... Seriously I'd laugh if I wasn't so angry! He is a waste of space and his guilty conscience is making him twist this all on me.

Grrr! :mad:

Meanwhile I am having a major panic about my op, I can only see that I'm going to die and leave my daughter alone. I do know I need to have it but..... I also know I'll not relax till about 6wks post op due to the risks of leaks.

I am just in disbelief of the stresses I have had to deal with this week. Including all the usual stresses of working a full time stressful job and raising a 3yr old alone. (while being morbidly obese)

Wow this sound like such a 'poor me' post but I guess underneath it all I am proud I have managed to make it through the week and am just praying I'm due some good luck next tues when I have my op.

Good luck to everyone going under the knife soon......

gilx

Sorry to hear of all your stresses of late - sounds like a very difficult and testing time for you to say the least :cry:And all external - caused by other people! :sigh: But like you say, try hard to hold on to the positive that despite all these very difficult things going on around you, you are still holding it together. I'm sure all will be fine with your op - complications and death are pretty rare in bariatric surgery these days. And as you know, you are putting your health and well-being at risk by remaining obese so the surgery is a way to ensure you will be there for your daughter in the future. Best of luck for your op ;) x x :hug99:

Thank you for your reply. Well this time tomorrow I should hopefully be sleeved and on the road to recovery and health.
Just trying to get through today without thinking too much about it all.
gilx

Hi you have a lot to deal with and u sympathise. You are having this op for you and your daughter. Try and stay positive and I look forward to hearing how you are getting on x

Thanks everyone, can't wait till it's all over.

Put Hattie to bed and was a bit emotional as I'm out early in the morning so may not see her.

gilx

Good Luck for today hun. x

Sorry to hear of all the stress you have been under, it is amazing the brain and what we can take on board when we have too. Here is to your new journey -- well done on making that decision

Back