• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 days to go......but a really stupid question

Slimstar?

Hi everyone I'm going into Dolan park on Thursday for my band to be done on Friday! But I've just had a question come to me and I think it might be really silly but does anyone know when I will be able to have a shower or bath after my op? I'm presuming I won't have to wait toooo long for a shower and I'm kinda hoping I can have one the morning after my op before I go home. However I must admit I do love a bath and prefer these over showers but I'm worried about incision sites and the whole act of getting in and out of the bath (will I have enough strength or be in too much pain?) anyway if anyone has any ideas on this please let me know! I know it sounds really stupid lol. Many thanks in advance xxx

Its one of those 'depends' answers I'm afraid. I couldn't get my dressing wet for a week but others have.

I had a bypass on nhs and I was in the shower the following morning before I left, They just told me to keep the wounds as dry as possible (they put waterproof plasters on) I showered and then took the off again afterwards!!

Hello I had my band there 2 weeks ago, I had glue no stitches, they advised no shower on that day but the next day I was able to shower lightly making sure I didn't get the incision sights soaking wet, so bathing may have to wait for a while. Hope that helps and hope all goes well :) xx

Had mine done there and like you love a good soak. I had to wait until they were fully healed as i'm allergic to any plasters and that took 2 weeks so had to have strip washes all that time. Was so glad to finally have a bath i spoiled myself and used Lush products

As Mazza said, it will depend, not only on your own level of pain or discomfort but what happens in terms of stitches or glue etc

I didnt go with THG but had glue to seal my holes, as such, could shower from the evening of the op as normal. (I was actually too wiped out from the anaesthetic tho so waited til the following morning)

Good luck to you!

Good luck

Back