• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bath time

MissCupcake

Hello all!

Well I'm day eleven! Liquids are going down fine.. Although this friday I move onto mushy foods and I genuinely cannot wait to try some different flavours.

Quick question.. (Mainly for banders but anyone that's post op feel free to join in).

When did you have your first bath after surgery?

I'm a bath person, I'll only shower if I'm in a rush but in general I love a long hot soak.. The hospital told me to wait a while before bathing and to shower.

So day eleven I'm running my first bath.. Obviously I've showered since my surgery lol!

Does this sound ok?

Xx

Obviously I've showered since my surgery lol!

:eek::D:D:D:D:D

hahaha...why do they say to wait for a bath? is it the heat or the actual getting outta the bath that could be a problem?

i was told to have showers until my staples were out on day 10, but then i had a small infection in one wound so didnt get to have a bath until day 17 x

Its whilst your stiches are healing$x

aaahhh i see!

i hadnt even thought of that! it now gives me an excuse to bug hubby to get the bathroom sorted and shower fitted before i finally get an op lol

I was told to have showers until my dressings came off my incisions. That was at 2 weeks post op at my checkup. I was like you, desperate to have a bath; I hate showers. But I had to wait. I also slipped over in the shower about 5 days post op, I was alone in the house so it was NOT funny to land on my butt and my right arm. I got very bruised, and it took me a while to get up again. Next day I went out shopping for a non slip mat for the shower.

I'm susprised how many of you were either stitched or stapled, I was superglued back together and could have a bath after 5 days :)

H xx

I was glued and had to wait until the excess glue dropped off!! About 5-7 days.
xXx

I was told i was allowed to bath once the scabs had fallen off x

Back