• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Prob a stupid question ....... but

Gnomes

How do you know when you are full?

This may sound really stupid, but I can't seem to tell. I'm being very sensible, eating small portions and chewing lots, as I'm really scared of eating too much/things getting stuck and it is hurting, but about an hour to and an hour and a half later, I'm hungry again.

I'm at the mushy stage of food and eating protein, to hopefully stay full for longer, but this doesn't seem to be working??

Help please!!

there are no such things as stupid questions.........I dont know if its the same with banders but with my bypass the full the stage came when i went onto propper solids.....the other thing is that the majority of the time with those of us who are foodies is that our heads often say we are hungry even when our bodies aren't

Firstly . there are no stupid questions in this group lol xxx

Secondly your only 3 weeks out of your surgery and u wouldnt have had a fill as yet so restriction is next to zilch until you start getting your fills. I know I am full because I feel full like I did pre band just with so little food. Some ppl get tightness in their chest etc it varies from person to person tbh. Hope this helps. Wishing you all the best xx

Im almost 3 weeks post op, Bander too.

I done the silly thing of eating too much yesterday, off a big plate, as I was eating left overs...You sure notice when you have eaten too much, as I was feeling bleurgh all night cos of it. Obviously we have no restriction yet, and each week brings more hunger (im finding), but Im sticking to 3 meals a day, with 1 snack usually between, and a low fat pudding after dinner...So essentially its spread out during the day....

And im putting everything on myfitnesspal which is marvellous, and so easy to do, and I can see my calorie intake every day etc...So I can track how im doing.

I hiccup or have a runny nose as I start to get full ... Or my throat seems to feel blocked. I never have any feeling of pain in my chest though. We are all different :)

My nose runs or I sneeze - that's my cue to stop eating! Funny old thing this surgery! I'm a bypasser by the way, not a bander, but triggers seem to be a shared thing!

Back