• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 months post op and havent lost much

mummykcb

and its my own fault. Really lost the way and dont know what to do to reign it in.

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
Whats happened?? Looking at your stats you have lost weight and all weight off is a huge achievement!! Keep on plodding you'll get there.

top_kat

it takes a lot to admit you've lost your way and I think this can be your starting point :)

How are you with restriction? Do you have enough? If not consider starting with a fill, but using time on liquids to start focussing again. Consider joining slimming world or weight watchers, or following a slimming plan along with the band, having weigh ins and structure may help you...

Speak to your provider - ask to speak to the dietician and get some guidance. Keep a detailed food diary, log it on Mfp or similar...

What are you doing exercise wise? Is this something you can up?. .

flutterby1966

As topkat said, this can be a new starting point. It's not a bad thing to take a step back sometimes, to be able to look in and understand what's not been going so well, so you can adjust your approach.

While some of us are really lucky to achieve our targets quickly, I really think we need to put things into perspective. My provider says generally a Gastric Band results in a 50% to 60% excess weight loss in 2 years. And a normal weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week. What it my consultant also said is that weight loss is not guaranteed. Success is dependent on lots of things such as the individuals approach and also external influences such as medical history/issues for example.

Do we look in and compare our progress to others rate of loss? Then get disappointed if its not working for us in the same way?

Mummy, when looking from the outside in, what would you say you could change to help your tool work better for you? Then what help do you think would be beneficial from us, the people around you, your provider ... Then ask/demand it!

We definitely are here to support you :) xxx

mummykcb

Top Kat, i had already joined sw and that wasnt working for me as a lot of it was unlimited food so wasnt dealing with my portion control issues so changed over to weight watchers, and my first week i gained 4lb so was really disheartened. This week after missing last week i had a loss of 6lbs so its going back in the right direction. I have been mega stressed recently due to selling our house so haven't been as good as i could of been food wise. Exercise wise i have been doing more but ending up with excruciating pain so not been a happy bunny. The band is not at full restriction but its enough for the moment with the stress as if i had any more fluid in i wouldnt be able to eat at all.

helloeverybody83

You've lots 4 stone in six months?
I've lost very slightly over that in nearly a year (19.12 to 15.8) and am thrilled!

Don't beat yourself up - it's a huge amount and I'm definitely from the steady-does-it school of thought. It's not a sprint it's a marathon, or whatever the saying is.

But hope you find your happy with your w/l rate soon anyway x