• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

7st Gone forever!! Time to Maintain

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
Hi all,
Well I have now Offically lost 7st 1lbs:eek:
I set my goal before my op to reach 9st and now I'm 8st 6lbs and its now time to maintain.which I have been trying to do for a couple of weeks now, but still losing.I wrote about this in my dairy but thought i would share with you on this thread as I really really do eat as much as i can, and all the time on this journey I have never looked at this as a diet, but a lifestyle change,I have never counted calories or watched my carb contents and have eaten all normal foods including bread, pasta, rice and meats, I eat an average healthy diet, I eat what my hubby eats for tea may it be eg:lamb chops chips peas, or a roast dinner, or a spicy chicken curry, rice with Nan bread, Or even cheese burger & chips, but obviously in a much smaller portion, So I haven't been on a diet at all.
I am really hoping i don't lose anymore weight now, as I feel great and I'm so happy with my new figure, I feel fantastic.
I now think this is going to be the hardest part for me The Maintaining, How can i possibly eat any more than i already do?
Any tips and advice would be much appriciated. x

gosh thats fab hun, i know you are such an inspiration to many of us. Obviously i have no idea what the answer is for you, i'd say speak to your nutritionist.
well done, your a super star!

One way to get more calories in is to start drinking with meals again. I have to do that constantly at the moment. Not glasses full, just small sips to help the food soften and pass through the pouch. It makes a big difference to how much you can eat, so you can see why they tell you not to during weight loss!

Another option is to increase your snacks. I don't know though, my circumstances are different in that I am now using more calories than an average person so am having to be extreme in trying to take in more, which might be counter-productive for you.

It is a big balancing act and it took me a long time of trying different things to get the balance right for me, that's why I encourage anyone approaching goal to start looking at maintaining before they get there because you will lose more weight while you figure it out.

:happy096:

Well done FGS....
Brilliant news on your goal
All i can suggest is - speak with a dietitian from the clinic.
Do you still have follow-up apt's so far into your weightloss???
Lets hope you find your happy-medium. x

:greenapple:

well done FGS and it is great that you can eat wot u want albeit in smaller portions:DThat's ideally wot I want to be able to do eventually;):D

Hi, I can't really offer any advice but just wanted to say a BIG WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!! And good luck maintaining x x x

Thanks everyone for your comments, I am gonna give my dietitian a ring on monday and see what he suggests I do.
I have never needed to speak or get in touch with the team since my Op, and was told I would have a 6 months post Op check up but I Never heard anything from them, But I did go and get all my bloods done at my Doctors and everything was fine.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I am gonna give my dietitian a ring on monday and see what he suggests I do.
I have never needed to speak or get in touch with the team since my Op, and was told I would have a 6 months post Op check up but I Never heard anything from them, But I did go and get all my bloods done at my Doctors and everything was fine.

I was going to suggest you call him myself, knowing who he is i'm really sure he'll be able to sort you out ! - he's helped me so many times and i know of other HW paitents that have gone under weight he's helping...... definately worth the call.

I didn't bother with my 6 month check up either, i called and spoke to the clinical nurse who said if everything was alright then leave it till my yearly, though i have been in regular contact with the dietician and clinical nurse from time to time.
I'm now getting my blood work done at my GP's as its easier for me, and longerterm he'll be looking after my health needs.

Well done though babes for hitting your target, its great news and you should feel well proud of yourself. :D

bet you never thought you'd have this problem?!!! well done FGS what a fantastic achievement im sure your get it sorted.

Thanks everyone for your kind words :)
Well I called my Dietitian today and they made an appointment for me to see Dr Ashton to go and have a chat with them about my diet and get weighed and get my bloods done, They told me to do a food dairy up untill my appointment which is on the 18th October back at the Alexandra and they said they will have a look at it and go through it with me. There is also a support group session on that day too at 1pm so I think i will go as I have never been to one before.
Is there anyone from here going to it on that day? would be nice to meet some peeps from minis.

I am miles away from worrying about maintaining sadly, but wanted to congratulate you on an outstanding performance. Well done you xxx

Back