• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time to be honest

there is no need to apoligise, you are only a few weeks post op and it must take a while to get your head it. the weight is already coming off and it wont be long until you get all the benefits from it. then when you go back to the designer outlet you can buy the dress. Take care, Bridie x

Hey, don't forget only your digestive track was re-arranged. It will take time for your head & heart to feel different. You can make those head changes, it just takes some effort and a bit of time.

It is worth waiting for, promise!:D

Erin, It takes a brave person to admit that they need help. You've taken the first step, remember that.

I've just come off of prozac and I know the terrible side effects of missing them. Get them back into your system. Ask your GP for some help. Use all the resources known to you. You are ready for this, or yo wouldnt have been so hoest in what you have put on here. You're doing the right thing. Has food always been a comfort in bad times? Your op was a major decision and is enough to deal with without all the other stuff you are having to deal with. I believe if you are missing the food you cant eat, you should replace it with something else. or does the food stand for something? Is it the actual food you are missing or the feelings you get from eating and enjoying it? Do the burgleries make you feel unsafe? it would be normal to want to self control something in your life when these people are controlling your worries and thoughts. I hope you get the help to get through this Hun, we are all here for yo, moan as much as you want but be honest. It is a release to just type things and let people know. We wont be judging you. We love you!xxxx

Erin, your weight loss so far is great and although you may not fully be feeling the benefits of this you will hun. i had some realy down days about the same stage you are at and had exactly the same feelings on and off. it does get easier hun x

Hi wobbles - Good advise by the gang so far - at 4 weeks post op i couldn't hardly eat anything, its the worst feeling in the word seeing and smelling food that you cant eat ! - but please trust in the fact that you will eventually be able to eat those foods again but in smaller quantaties, with time you will heal up inside and learn how to eat again and you will over time be able to fit a bit more in. And well done on the loss so far, i guess all of us having suffered a life time of being fat want it all gone over night, and i'm no exception, sadly it doesn't work that way, but you have the tool now to loss the weight, the head hunger your suffering now will slowly fade and life will get better ! :D

Richard

Hi ya

I know what you mean i dont enojoy food like i did and it has effected my metal health.

But firstly i would get off that prozac asap and start on something else, its the devils drug.

But that aside it does get better in the manner of eating. But as time goes on your pouch will stretch and you can become much the same as you were before the bypass.

There is nothing anyone can say or do to help you through the depression stages just feeling support is there if needed does help a little but you just have to ride it out.

I feel alot better now then i did but i am concerned now ive stopped losing weight.

But trust me we have made the right choice but it just takes a while to get the body and mind used to the changes.

This is why its NOT the easy route as some people suggest.

I hope this help knowing your not alone and that things will get better

All my best

Mark

Thank you everyone. I have to say that i love all the support on here, but i especially like that i can get a males opinion, so thank you Rich and Mark.

I'm a little more optimistic now. Things are improving, and i'm eating a little more, seeing the gp tomorrow to get prescription for vitamins etc and i'm going to start making new and different things.
Tonight i had a tesco light choices vege lasagne...well about 2 3rds of it, and it was yummy. I'm still learning when i need to stop eating, and learning to eat slowly, guess i wasn't as prepared as i thought i was for all of this.

But i saw my psychotherapist today who is brilliant.

Not sure why, but the more i eat, the hungrier i feel. My tummy is actually rumbling at times.

I've now lost 2 stone 7 pounds since the operation.

Thanks again everyone.

Hey, how did your doc appointment go? I am glad you are doing better, I was worried about you.;)

FANTASTIC weight loss so far:D. Be proud of that! The rumbles may not be hunger, could just be your new digestive system, mine makes tons of noise before, during and after I eat:eek:.

Hey PG, thank you. The docs appointment went well, just weighed myself with her scales, and was very pleased with the results, and she gave me prescription for vitamins, calcichew and ferous sulphate. Haven't got them yet. She wasn't able to prescribe chewable vitamins as they aren't available apparently on prescription.

Am about to start a new thread asking yet another question...so watch out!! hehe

You ask away dear. I was prescribed a long, skinny vitamin called FORCEVAL that isn't too hard to get down. You sound so chipper I love to see it!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Big (((HUGS)))

Nic

Am feeling a lot better, and really looking forward to tomorrow. Have a new psychotherapist, and feel optimistic, as well as learning to be happy with my weight loss so far. Plus, i got into my old size 22 jeans yesterday. I was a size 26, so i'm down 2 sizes already. Makes me feel more positive. Plus, life stuff is settling down and we're moving house on the weekend which i'm looking forward to. Uni on friday and i always look forward to that, psychotherapy tomorrow, as well as my son going to the childminder so i have a day to breath.

Anyway nuff rambling. :)

Wobbles, glad you are feeling a bit brighter hun. and you should be so proud of your weight loss and smaller clothes fitting. i am so pleased to hear you have a new psychotherapist think we could all do with one of them! hope it helps you to feel happier about you and your life. take care hun x

Back