• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 days in to my pre op diet :)

shaneeZ

Hi guys, long time since I've been here. Everything's just gone so quick! Got my surgery on the 11th! 6 days away gahh... I'm nervous, excited, scared, blegh.

On the milk option today, yesterday had the milk and yoghurt option. So far so good... not too keen on the oxo cubes though :S are they entirely necessary?

Hi Shaneez - I'm being banded on the 13th - there's also Carree being banded on the 14th - so we'll be on this journey together x. I'm currently doing the milk diet but I'm using Slimfast my dr said it was ok Dr Sirgusad - it's a pity you don't like the Oxo - they're the highlight of my day something savoury - who is you consultant ?

Oh wow I would have loved to be allowed Slimfast! Love their milkshakes. I have the beef oxo cubes and they're just nasty. I've skipped having them for the past 5 days... Do you think it will affect my liver shrinkage? So glad to hear you're the same day as me SoonToBe! My surgery's at St Georges hospital in Tooting. I'll be thinking of you just before I go under! :D

God, I'm so nervous!

absolutely devastated today. Just heard that my op's been cancelled and moved to the 21st! been on this pre op diet and made huge travel arrangements for nothing! so upset :''(

Oh baby - I know you must be gutted especially as you physche yourself up - did they say why ? - who was it with ? - I feel gutted for you - my mom always said things happen for a reason but that's probably not much comfort at the moment xxx

Good luck everyone
and am sorry u had ur op canceled as I would of hated that did they say y as I imagen u sorted everthink out
Best of luck Lisa x

Hi guys, thanks for your messages. I'm not actually 100% sure who my consultant is. When the process began I was 18 at the time, and my mum kind of largely dealt with everything. Now I'm 20 and just wanting to get this whole thing over and done with :(. But yeah, so sad about the cancellation. And such a huge fear of putting the weight back on that I lost during the pre-op diet. But I largely believe that everything happens for a reason. I guess I just have to carry on, like always.

I'm having mine on the 16th so this week too. following the 1000 cal a day diet and having slimfast, heinz soup, cup a soup and munch bunch fromage frais so pretty much liquid. cant wait 3 weeks for something with texture. good luck with your op.

Hi guys, so I'm back to being 4 days away now! :D. I have to admit I don't have the original excitement I did back when I was due for the 11th, but oh well. Atleast I'm not so far away. :)

Hello you ! Glad to have you back ! - I can't blame you for being a bit cautious about getting excited with what they did last time - but I've got a good feeling about it this time x

Thanks Dimples! Hey, wasn't you banded on the 13th? How did it all go?! How long roughly before you'll be able to start moving around you think? I'm hoping it won't take me too long after as I start Uni on the 1st of October and I want to try and miss as little as possible of my classes! :/

Hey Hun - It's true I am now banded- I was done on the Thursday - started feeling better by the Sunday and today it's just the odd twinge - still pulls if I bend over and the scabs are still there so I have to be careful ALSO I still haven't put a bra on because one of the incisions is right where my bra strap would catch. I'm starting to enjoy the journey again - how are you feeling ?

Aww, I'm glad that you're recovering well! 3 days to go for me, but I'm still feeling relatively calm. I guess it will start to sink in the night before or something. :) How long did you stay in hospital for? How's the liquid diet going?

I was second on the list and so I came out that night - which was good. It's tough going on the liquid diet - I thinks it's because 2 week pre- op and then 2 week post just drinking shakes and soup is a bit boring but will be sooo worth it in the end

How ate you getting on with your preparation ?

Back