• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 days post op-pain under left rib

Positivefeeling

Hi

Can anyone reassure me? I had a sleeve gastrectomy 8 days ago and everything has been progressing well. Then yesterday I started getting a stitch like pain under my left ribs. It's quite painful but not excruciating. I'm wondering if it's likely to be trapped wind. I've been very lucky in that I have not suffered any wind pain so far so am not really sure where it manifests itself. I've tried winded and peppermint tea but neither have shifted it. Do I need to worry do you think?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Juicy Lucy

Hi Positivefeeling.
Having read a few posts on here and being only 4 days post op myself, Im not convinced Im knowledgeable to pass judgement.. but I have wind just there! Ive also read someone saying it could be not enough roughage.. maybe a nice glass of blended veg or berries maybe in order? ;) That and sitting on all fours with yer bum in the air! :D

Positivefeeling

Hi Lucy

Thanks for your reply. Are you happy that your pain is just wind? I wasn't worried much yesterday but today it's just the same and I am getting a bit concerned in case it's something more serious...

So you're 4 days? How's it all going? How you managing your fluids? X

Juicy Lucy

Im feeling fine and not a problem at all with fluids. Im getting at least 2l a day if not more. Little and often :)55g-60g protein. Some veg/fruit blended.
I think its harder for you sleevers as the op is bigger. More recovery needed. In fact- have you been resting well or right back to business as usual?

If you are at all worried you should calll your providers. At all worried.
I know I would!
They called me today to see how I was. I was shocked lol

Smallerme

It is a common site to get pain as that's where the op has taken place. The stomach is along the left hand side of the body and goes under the rib cage and you've been stapled and stitched in that place.

I was really scared of this pain as I've had a previous clot on the lung and it felt similar to that pain (but not as bad). If you are breathless, have any leg pain or swelling or are worried at all contact your team for advice on what to do.

adrienne

Hi
I would call provider as Lucy said and out your mind at rest, I'm sure it's fine but get it checked out,
My pain was always on the right !! No pain now at all, but up until about week 5 it hurt !!