• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8 weeks post of and struggling

soohoo

elo all.i am really struggling.when it says soft salad.all I can think of was tomatos.cucumber and beetroot.dry meat make me gip.what do we put with it to make it nice and soft.i have a book that my dietician gave me.but other than drowned it in gravy im fed up.everything tastes the same.anyone give me a few tips please soohoo

clare-revised

Eyes on the prize
I started with REALLY finely chopped, tomatoes, cucumber (peeled), beetroot...mixed up with mayo (lite) & add cheese triangle....
I also oven roasted veg, then chopped it within an inch of its life...as above.

Or mix cottage cheese or Philly into the above, but tiny cutting is key :)

I have salads with tuna/tuna salad cream/salmon/pilchards...I can eat chicken BUT it's hard work ....xx

chrisa

I sometimes just have slices of cucumber with pate on that's refreshing n nice. I have also had on occasions just very finely diced tomato with egg and bit light mayo, also similar with tuna its nice with out bread. x

PokeyKoala

I have made a light dressing out of 0% Yoghurt, chopped cucumber, herbs, garlic, squeeze of lime juice - that sort of thing, just to add a bit of moisture and texture to food.
A homemade tomato sauce is good for dipping too. Hummus works well if you like the flavour.

It can be a challenge, I found myself being a bit "meated" out yesterday and started looking for other ways to get the protein, such as Beans and lentils. I've got a lovely Bacon and lentil soup - protein by stealth!

Lippyloirston

Very rarely have salad, my dietician advised I ate protein first, only then if enough 'room' eat salad/veg. I usually just chop up tomatoes/cucumber/avocado and red onions - yum!