• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 days and counting

Well not long now I started the milk and yogurt diet yesterday. I can honestly say I never thought tooth past would taste so good. I must admit I’m in a bit of a spin I can’t wait for the op but I’m apprehensive. The rational side of me says thousands of people have undergone bypass, and this site along with others stands as testament to the overwhelming success and difference it has made to the vast majority of the people that have gone before. But yet at the back of my mind it nags not one big thing loads of little ones. Half questions I’m not daft I know the answers to most of them or at least know were to find them, but yet you look for reassurance in confirmation from someone that’s been there and done that. It funny for the first time in my life I want to talk to some one that read the book got the tee shirt and stared in the film. It not the can you do this or that question, it not about eating or dos and don’ts it’s something much more fundamental than that. for all my sins this is me and my children and work colleges have only ever known “Big Al” and as much as we’ve all hurt inside when some one managed to push the right buttons it can not be denied this is me and the visual appearance and image that you project from that is your stamp on the world..
I’m going to change like it or lump it and I would like to say I don’t care what anyone else thinks because we do. I think that it that’s the true un known what will I become and will I like it? Sorry for rambling probably need to see a shrink but it’s to late for that. T minus 9 days and counting.

hi i feel the same as you, i have my op on the 10th november

Awww you will be fine al.
You will be worried but you do sound confident too.
Just go with the flow, have your op and begin a whole new life and experience. You will never look back love and we will all be thinking of you too. xxxx

I am feeling the same Al. My op is on 17 November. I think it is natural to get the wobbles as the date gets nearer. We will be fine.

tranquil

Mine is tomorrow Al, I promise you that last week go so quickly, actually I don't know where it went. Just enjoy the next week have dome chill out time and stock your freezer for afterwards. I wish you the best of luck you will be fine xx

And you will be back up and about in no time feeling great, it's awesome!

Thinking of you and all pending surgery and sending love and willing you on your respective journeys... we are all going to get through together and our bonds will carry us through...
Always at your side if I can be of any help.
Loving hugs always xxx

Good luck to you all :D You are so close to the new lives that begin after surgery! Its an exciting time, enjoy it XX

Al I get what you're saying. Almost 12 weeks out from surgery, my shape is changing, my face is changing. I don't recognise myself in the mirror any more. Do I like it? I certainly like the smaller clothes! The rest? It's a learning curve. We have to get to know a whole new us! It's strange, but it's an adventure. I'm sure you're going to be just fine, and soon, not Big Al, but Slim Al! Hugs xxxxxxx

Back