• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 days since banding -update

Babynurse

Hi, for those of you who have read my previous posts, I've been struggling with pain in my left shoulder and over the Easter holidays I've tried everything possible to shift it. Also having some pulling pain over my port site so off I went to see my GP today. My GP feels that the pain in my shoulder is not just wind but an injury probably caused during being moved from the theatre table to the bed. My whole shoulder is swollen and the pain comes and goes so she's given me some gel to rub in and also some Buscopan for my abdo pain - oh and another week off work so not back till 5th May.

Just a question about weight loss during this time. I'm still on fluids and soft yogurt - should I be checking my weight loss? Why I ask is because I was weighed yesterday and had lost another 1/2 pound but this morning I've put on 1 1/2 lbs! Please tell me this is normal and I'm going to get my husband to hide my scales ;)

Oh blimey hunni that's no fun, and think we all thought it was wind because it was in the shoulder :( ugh i hope the gel does the trick and sorts you out once and for all x x x as for the weight at the mo.................. hide those scales, don't go jumping on and getting all disappointing because u may have gained a little...... firstly u were on a very low cal pre op diet then u were pumped full of air during the op and at mo your insides are still pretty swollen so no wonder the weight is all over the place...... wait until u have stabilised a bit first hunni :) i know its easier said than done BUT the last thing you need right now is feeling down because of a no loss........... throw the scales and wait, and you'll have a pleasant surprise in a couple of weeks x x x x
Wishing you a full recovery quickly x x x x

Babynurse I would get the doctor to send you for an xray of your shoulder, the same thing happened to my daughter, she went into have a traction x-ray which she had to be knocked out for, when she came round she felt sore but thought this was from all the pulling, six months later I noticed here shoulder looked out of place, was sent for an x-ray, appointment 4 weeks later for results and they found she had a separated shoulder!

Everyone puts on weight during the first few weeks, only weigh once a week if you have too, otherwise it will send you paranoid x

I think you're right donna44 about the xray, I'll ring my GP today. You know when I came round in recovery, the pain was so bad I was given morphine - 3mgs then another 2mgs but it was just put down to windpain. I thought it was strange!

Let me know how you get on, if they have done damage you need it repairing quickly, you should try and get compensation, maybe a free tummy tuck after you've lost all your weight if they have caused the problem lol x

LOL like your style Donna LOL tummy tuck be lovely ty :) worth getting it checked out Babynurse x x x Cant believe what a rough time you've had hun :( those bad memories will soon be replaced with nice weight lossy ones :)

Back