• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice Needed Please!

trine57

Had my band fitted just over two weeks ago and going fine apart from every night I have terrible pain in my left shoulder which makes it painful when I breathe. I know that they warned me that this was likely due to referred wing pain. Should this still be happening? Peppermint tea is not working so i am heading off to bed early each night to relieve the pain. Just started soft diet two days ago. Maybe I am eating too fast - don't think so!!!!!!

ooooo i would say this is most defiantly wind!!! its in the spot where they say you get it... i had this after my sections and felt like i was going to have a heartattack its not nice..... your only 2 weeks post op so hopefully in next couple of days it ll die down for you xx

Just spoken to the bariatric nurses and they say this wind pain can go on for months. I am going to try and get the peppermint cordial - apparently Asda sell it - the other side of town but worth the trip me thinks.

movement is the best thing to disperse this, start moving as just sitting inactive can just make it worse x

Ive had my band nearly two years now and still get that pain if ive eaten too quickly or if ive eaten too much and god does it hurt!!!!

Back