• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 months later, 8 stone lighter and a size 12

Anita75

Just wanted to share my good news, I have lost a total of 8 stone (reached this milestone a few weeks ago) and I've HAD to buy a whole new wardrobe in a size 12 (all of it: dresses, skirts, tops, swimming costume, etc). My pre-op goal was to reach a size 16 and I'm so happy to have exceeded that goal – actually, if I’m honest, I'm over the moan – honestly could not be happier). Buying a whole new wardrobe has turned into a full time job, good thing I had two weeks off work (annual leave), which has allowed me to focus solely on this task... I do not even mind the cost associated with it (which has been considerable as I literally needed to buy everything from scratch).

I’m also truly happy that I’m able to have what I consider to be a ‘normal’ diet, and by that I mean that I’m able to eat anything and everything (I’m not intolerant to i.e. bread, pasta, meat, etc – which I believe some banders find difficult) but in much smaller portions. My food options were never a problem, the size of my portions, however, used to be huge – and this surgery has given me the help I so needed with my portion control.

I truly believe I’m happy having reached this weight/size and do not wish to keep losing any more – I never thought I’d say this, but for once in my life, I’m comfortable in my own skin!!!

I feel truly blessed that my surgeon/bariatric team have given me another change at having a healthier/slimmer life – and for that, I’ll always be thankful!!!
Anita xxx

Congratulations hun im so pleased for you, and you have shown banding can and does work, brilliant x

Congratulations...I like you am having a band fitted. It's great to hear that the control of your portion sizes helped as I truely believe that this is what I suffer from. I eat healthy as my cholesterol is only 4.3 but the portion sizes need controlling, I unfortunately never feel full!!!!!

Once again fantastic news

Thanks for posting this it really gives us pre-oppers something to look forward to as we await our surgery. Congratulations on achieving happiness with your body. You must be thrilled to be a size 12.

What a lovely, positive post! :D Congratulations to you!

Cuppa xx

What cracking news! Fantastic! Im so pleased for you! x

Well done Anita. I had my band done just before you and have only lost 46lbs. I have struggled with it constantly.It is fantastic to see a fellow Bander do so well. I haven't been on here in ages because its such a struggle with the band and didn't want to discourage anyone else.

Thanks for sharing your success , it gives me hope.

Back