• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 months post op and going nowhere

laidlaw70

Six Month Post Op
Its been 9 months now and have lost 6 stone. I do feel great but now feel i have it a plateau and everything has stopped moving. I can eat most things but now feel i have too healthy an appetite. I feel i eat all the time and think about food all the time. Infact im eating and not even hungry. Love crisps and chocolate and hating the fact they are okay .

Sometimes i think im eating loads but know in comparison to what i normally eat i don,t eat a lot. I know fo a fact im eating all the wrong things but feel i can,t get myself out of it and i,m really struggling.

Been thinking about doing slim fast or protein shakes to kick start me again and get me back to basics.

Anyone out there experiencing the same or can give me some advice.

Well first of all well done on recognising you have a problem with what you are eating now. The best thing I can advise is get back to basics.....try and eat mostly protein and low carb. Id cut the crisps and chocolate straight away as they will be the main thing making you plateau. Remember how you ate when you were newly post op and try and get back to it. Maybe try the 5 day pouch test? Good Luck with it XX

I can imagine I would find it easy to slip into the same habits - so your post is honest and from the heart.

Agree with Jac, do the five day pouch test perhaps to get back some serious restriction and then (easier said than done perhaps) stop the rubbish and go back to post op diet - mainly protein with as few carbs as possible.

Write a food diary and put down EVERYTHING you eat on here!! That can also be a help I am sure! Good luck on getting over the plateau xx

Start to write everything down precious and give yourself a push to 'detox and spring clean your system'... look forward to the colourful salads, fruits and lighter foods.

Here if we can help... and good luck xxx

Hello and welcome back, i remember you xx

I struggle and haven't lost weight for ages i got so demoralised i actually have stopped weighing and went to weight watchers the other week to check it out! Mad isn't it? However as i've done the 5 day pouch test and slim fast i thought i'd give it a go. Unfortunately the next few weeks are bad for me to give it a good go as i'm spending half the week 120 miles from home and have to eat what's available however i fully intend to embrace it when i relocate....

Could i suggest you think about it? The points system has changed and it is protein friendly, carbs are high in points, i reckon i'll be able to have a naughtiness incorporated to make it easier xx

Back