• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wondering ......am i doing something wrong???

Karen Barry

Hi all,

Its amazing to here all your stories, i need it to help me stay focused!!!

I had my gastric band fitted on 5th December 2009, lost 10lb the week pre op....had soup only for first 3 weeks then a week of little bits of meals and some soup and for the last week and a half eating normal food, no soft just back to normal.... eating smaller portions, choosing healthy choices and exercising.

Ive now lost between 14 and 17lb in total :mad: i feel this is really poor!!! Feel disheartened.
I just keep trying to remind myself ive got through christmas and not gained weight but im worried my band has slipped or something ????

Im not losing weight and i feel hungry!! and nothings getting stuck....infact im begging to wonder if the bands in???
I can feel the port and it occasionally catches on my ribs but i expected to feel some resistance. (apparently the surgeon puts some fluid in band at time of op)

Any ideas or similar stories would help!!! :confused: xxx

I'm pre-op and having a bypass but have you had a fill yet?? Maybe you just haven't reached your sweet-spot yet..............once you've hit there I'm sure things will be better!!

Good luck!!

Hi Karen,
I'm pre-op so nohelp with your questions

Just wanted to welcome you to WLS forum - and remind you that maybe like me this Xmas you put on weight last xmas?
This year I have put on just over a stone & you have lost that so something must be working
Good luck with your journey

Hi Karen I am pre-op too. Don't do yourself down you have still lost over a stone in a month and included in that month was Christmas so well done.

Hi ,
Hope everything ok with your band. I had my gastric band on Nov 10th 2009 . I lost 2st myself and 1st 7lbs with the band.
Like you i have stuck. I had 2mls when i had my op in Nov and a small top up at the end of Dec. I do not see the doctor again until April. I have not lost any weight and have not put any on but i am sticking with it. I look on the brightside and think well i ve lost 3st 7lbs.
Let me know how you got on.
Best wishes Lel x

Hi Karen
i had my band fitted 2/2/10, i 'm just 4wks post op and like you i can and have eaten everything , i also thought i would have some restiction but haven't , i have tried to keep to a healthy diet but am struggling , i know how you feel and sympathise, have you had a fill yet or do you have a date , i was told 1st fill between 8-12wks , mine is another 4wks away , i am hoping that i will have some restriction then , but i also know i need to work with it , cazbandy gave some excellent advice recently on bands and responsibility it made me stop and think, have a look it may help.x

Back