• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

9 months post op before and after pics

Wow... what a transformation. Very inspirational, thanks for sharing xxx

hi hun i am under small/schroder too nd you have done fabulous wondering if u have any advice thanks
Sorry not been on here for a while, best advice I can give is make sure you keep weight down and if you regain any make sure its down before your pre op/admission or you could get cancelled, I think all our bariatric surgeons are lovely but working at Sunderland and having been operated on I'm naturally biased.
There are so many people waiting for surgery now (many of whom will implicitly follow instructions on weight loss) they won't listen to excuses if you regain weight and may well delay your surgery date.
Post op you may initially feel awful for sometime (I did) while your body heals and adapts to new eating regimes, but if you take it slowly and one day at a time it does get better. After almost 14 months I feel great loads of energy, very little back/joint pain (compared to pre -op), asthma has improved greatly and feel more confident in myself. I have also noticed my fashion choices are bolder now - brighter colours and more fitted rather than baggy styles.
Have no regrets whatsoever with regards to surgery only that I did not apply sooner. Good luck with your journey.

wow you look amazing ty for sharing your pictures they truly are insperational to me they give me hope for a future where i am healthier and have less pain again ty for sharing xxx

Well not been on here for quite a few months, I think time moves too quick these days.
I am now almost 2 years since my sleeve at SRH and have to say my life has completely changed for the better since surgery and I feel like a new person.
At my recent review they were very pleased with progress and as I had no problems was discharged from regular follow up but will continue annual bloods at GP and a postal review with hospital.
The highlight of last year was our sons wedding in July when I was able to wear a lovely dress and high heels (not done for 20yrs) and 'look a normal size' instead of fat/frumpy, the smile on my sons face when he saw me was worth every step of the journey and the look of shocked delight on my stepsons face when he saw me for first time in 4 years was a picture.
The highlight of the evening was a 'boogie' with my daughter in laws 80yr+ grandfather who had some energy for his age I can tell you.
Weight has been pretty static for past year fluctuating a pound here and there so think at 75.5kg I am finally where I am meant to be, not bad though considering at my highest I was 133kg.
Do I have any regrets? only one - I should have done it sooner otherwise no regrets at all.

Back